Author Topic: Why doesn't Aces High Sound Like This...  (Read 1609 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why doesn't Aces High Sound Like This...
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2023, 06:46:04 PM »
@Thrash99 - as I recall it was pretty easy, though not clearly explained.  I did some digging and found these instructions from Chalenge:

"The whole idea of this pack is to replace all of the sounds with the sounds of the actual planes, vehicles, and guns as much as possible. Of course, some artistic license has to be used for some sounds that are just impossible to get these days. I have done what I could, but at the moment the pack is still incomplete.

In this ZIP file there are four *.bank files. You want to put those four files in your "\AcesHighIII\CustomSounds\Desktop\" folder (see attachment).'
"

Hope that helps!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2023, 10:44:52 PM »
Led Zeppelin and Molly Hatchet are usually competing with the game sounds in my headset

I miss the ability to adjust the wind noise as I used to have that cranked as it helps with sensing speed imo

Eagler

Why can't you adjust Advanced > Environment levels?

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2023, 03:49:27 AM »
@Thrash99 - as I recall it was pretty easy, though not clearly explained.  I did some digging and found these instructions from Chalenge:

"The whole idea of this pack is to replace all of the sounds with the sounds of the actual planes, vehicles, and guns as much as possible. Of course, some artistic license has to be used for some sounds that are just impossible to get these days. I have done what I could, but at the moment the pack is still incomplete.

In this ZIP file there are four *.bank files. You want to put those four files in your "\AcesHighIII\CustomSounds\Desktop\" folder (see attachment).'
"

Hope that helps!
THIS!   Thrash,Bud, for the Planes he was able to get done..AWESOME!  Especially in Pony,and Jugs, 38's....also your hated Spitfires lol Yep, you know me...still a Spit Dweeb.  There are a few "default sounds not stopping" errors..mostly with GVs..but it is worth the installing imo! Simple fix, if you dont like it.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »
From a post I made in Films board…

“ Also, side note. The odd P-51 issues some think come with Chalenger’s sound may not be the case. I’m making a Runstang vid, using default sounds and observing the same issues. Engine stopping and repeat re-starts. It would be very hard for Chalenger’s bro to figure out if its not all on his end. But MAY be corrected in FMOD settings of the files, it may require HT’s input on the game end.”
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2023, 08:05:41 PM »

"

Hope that helps!
I've gone to his videos but unable to find a link for the zip files

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2023, 08:28:12 PM »

I think this one works:

https://dload.hitechcreations.com/chalenge/SickPuppySounds.zip

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2023, 10:01:46 PM »

i think zip files do not exist in the context we used to.  there's only 4 files.  no plane by plane zip file.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2023, 10:20:29 PM »
I think this one works:

https://dload.hitechcreations.com/chalenge/SickPuppySounds.zip
Got it working, thanks again  :aok

i think zip files do not exist in the context we used to.  there's only 4 files.  no plane by plane zip file.

semp
Copy realized I didn't add the desktop folder when I extracted files into the custom sounds area

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2023, 10:48:56 PM »
 :aok  Enjoy the sounds, Thrash.  The real strength of them is the external engine sounds I think.  P-38s and anything with the R2800 sounds great flying by...

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2023, 05:58:36 AM »
:aok  Enjoy the sounds, Thrash.  The real strength of them is the external engine sounds I think.  P-38s and anything with the R2800 sounds great flying by...
He is a Jug sort of feller!  Oh, he is gonna like it!  :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain