Author Topic: A PTO terrain idea for the MA  (Read 397 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
A PTO terrain idea for the MA
« on: August 09, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »
Here's another idea as food for thought - an MA terrain based on the Central Philippine Islands.   

This realistic terrain is a mix of islands and water, no land area is very big so strats would probably have to been spread out through a country's territory.   There are passages everywhere for CV and BB Group assaults. Sibuyan Island is near the center of the map and could probably serve as the central GV-only battle area.

Maybe someone could come up with a better division of area for the 3 countries; it's tough when you are working only with real-world terrain.  But we now have an ETO MA, an Easter Front MA, and I though it might be nice if we could get a real world PTO terrain...a place where the USN and Japanese aircraft would feel right at home, not to mention the RAF skins depicting aircraft from the RAAF and RNZAF. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 05:54:50 PM by oboe »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: A PTO terrain idea for the MA
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 06:56:22 PM »
 :aok :aok :aok :cheers:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 09:09:06 PM »
Air launch might be an option for long distances..... :lol
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 03:49:09 AM »
Cv focused map would be pretty cool
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 10:07:51 PM »
I like the idea!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 08:51:30 PM »
Air launch might be an option for long distances..... :lol

Can that be used in the MA?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 09:31:49 PM »
 I have mentioned it to Hitech as an option for a PTO map setup. He didn't sound to enthused about it. If we could come up with a practical way of implementing it, equitably, he might agree with it.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 03:30:54 PM »
I have mentioned it to Hitech as an option for a PTO map setup. He didn't sound to enthused about it. If we could come up with a practical way of implementing it, equitably, he might agree with it.

Why would you need air launches? If its to cut down on the time between bases why not just add a small island just big enough for the small field at the point you think you need the air launch. I dint think we need to be 100% accurate to real world maps.

Another thing is the GV crowd might have a hard time with a PTO map that is spread out enough to be thinking about air starts.

I think the posted picture would be a good layout, as long as its not bigger than one of the small maps we use now.