Author Topic: Need Help!!!  (Read 564 times)

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
Need Help!!!
« on: August 27, 2023, 04:13:35 PM »
Hi Mates

This old geezer is trying to get back on Aces.  I was here in the beginning.  Been gone for around 8 years.  Two problems, one is when I try and get on the main arena, program wants to download a file, keeps doing that over and over.  Second, how do I set my handle.  I was Majors here for almost 20 years.  Would like to get that back.

Anyone reading any of this, please give me a little help.

At 86, not as sharp as I used to be.

Cheers

Majors (hopefully)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 04:48:15 PM »
I'm guessing stdshapes.res is trying to download. It can take a while but you need it.

Email billing@hitechcreations.com for help with your handle.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 06:20:12 PM »
I'm guessing stdshapes.res is trying to download. It can take a while but you need it.

Email billing@hitechcreations.com for help with your handle.

I kinda like my new handle but I wish my old stats could be merged. Has this ever happened?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 08:59:22 PM »
Hi Mates

This old geezer is trying to get back on Aces.  I was here in the beginning.  Been gone for around 8 years.  Two problems, one is when I try and get on the main arena, program wants to download a file, keeps doing that over and over.  Second, how do I set my handle.  I was Majors here for almost 20 years.  Would like to get that back.

Anyone reading any of this, please give me a little help.

At 86, not as sharp as I used to be.

Cheers

Majors (hopefully)

Some browsers have a hard time with the .res file. You can try a different browser Explorer, chrome, fire fox, or a new one like Brave. the stdshapes.res is a big file but the install wont finish with out it.

As for getting your old handle back, call HTC at (817) 431 - 8840. If you catch Hitech at a good time he will set you up.

I kinda like my new handle but I wish my old stats could be merged. Has this ever happened?

Nope. In 20+ years Ive never seen handles combined. If you call Hitech, you could get your old handle back if no one is using it now, but your scores/data wont be added togather.

If your interested, I could mine your scores/data from your old name and new name to a combined page with "spatular's" program. Just need names and tours under which names.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 08:00:49 AM »
Don’t sweat Fugi… I will get by. Thanks for the offer.  :salute
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 01:26:09 PM »
Did you get the issue resolved Major? I just came back in February, had to work out a bunch of things as well. Played since 2003