Author Topic: I'm looking to Maaayby buy a new desktop....  (Read 335 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
I'm looking to Maaayby buy a new desktop....
« on: July 24, 2023, 06:08:13 PM »
Just as the title of this post says and that means this. I've come to a point where I have got some extra playaround cash so I'm wanting to buy a new Box... I'm going to go with HP based on the tech sup with HP for me has NOT had any issues and I've been using HP's for over 10 years so I'm going to keep on using them.

So my question is what is a great Box for a game such as AH? :airplane: I'm not placing any Fence on the dollars on this new box yet but at the same time I don't want a box that NASA could use either... Get it?

Thanks!
Jeff
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'm looking to Maaayby buy a new desktop....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 06:17:36 PM »
Check out BestBuy - they carry the HP Omen line of gaming desktops.  Lots of price ranges, both AMD and Intel processor offerings.  Should be able to find something that fits your requirements there.

I'd recommend at least a GTX 1660 video card for AH, but if you want to get into VR maybe a 3060 or higher would be better.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 06:29:37 PM »
$1,700 and you have a box very much like mine

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-by-hp-45l-gaming-desktop-gt22-1470se-6n0b3av-1

It can run vr which I highly recommend in AH

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 01:40:13 AM »
Morph,    You can also look at microcenter if you have one close.  You can choose parts and have them assemble usually that day or buy a gaming machine they carry.  Just another thought

One-eye
"One-Eye"