Author Topic: We almost didn't make it  (Read 1212 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: We almost didn't make it
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2023, 03:52:47 PM »

The Bible says  Gen. 5:4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:" the Bible only mentions the first 3 by name.
So incest.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 02:22:32 AM »
So incest.
Well... I recently read an article about Mycetozoa. They're slimy organisms that fall between plants and animals. And they haven't changed much since the first ones appeared, actually they're much alike the stuff that's thought to be the very first life form.

So when the very first slimy cell was born by a lightning hitting a puddle (Darwin) or near a hot submarine spring or a comet hitting the Earth, that cell didn't travel around to find a mating partner. Likely it duplicated itself by splitting which is the simplest form of reproduction. And they split again, and again, and again until the place was full after which some of them found other ways and places to live through molecular evolution. I'm not saying that all life has begun from one single surviving cell but as there's evidence of heat being involved at an early stage of the development process it's safe to assume that the earliest life forms have appeared in a certain surrounding. Also as about 8% of our DNA is of viral origin and that a bunch of bacteria is essential for our well-being it's most likely that already the earliest living cells affected each other in one way or another, improving their ability to survive even outside their cradle.

Thus, when going back some 4 billion years we all are kin, offspring of the first single cell organisms that split.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2023, 04:32:12 AM »
^ But to make creationists believe in that...   
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2023, 08:27:54 AM »
You and everything you know were made by an exploded star. You will become stardust in the end once again, there is no avoiding this.

Technically, all of us were once something else.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 10:11:55 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2023, 08:55:36 AM »
More scientists are accepting the notion that our universe is a simulation.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2023, 09:02:02 AM »
Sweet Home Alabama  :rock
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2023, 09:19:16 AM »
Well...  This has run its course.

Shut er' down, Skuzz!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2023, 10:10:58 AM »
More scientists are accepting the notion that our universe is a simulation.

Thanks Neo.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2023, 10:28:33 AM »
You and everything you know were made by an exploded star. You will become stardust in the end once again, there is no avoiding this.

Technically, all of us were once something else.

What created the star and the space to begin with?

This is why I belive in god as a creator, though not religious. I'm spiritual, and one of the many thing rulers want to encourage is reduction in your spiritual understanding, as for you believe in them over an outside force of the universe. Humans ability to have spiritual force a great power.

I belive there were many humans in caves during the flood. Those who were able to get away. Cave art can be an example of that. I think there are many things throughout history that have been erased. So we will never really know what was actually going on.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2023, 11:11:20 AM »
One theory for the flood is the Black Sea deluge hypothesis. There's valid argumentation both pro and contra but in any case if such a flood happened there at any time point of human civilizations, "the whole world" as they knew it was destroyed.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2023, 12:08:20 PM »
What created the star and the space to begin with?

This is why I belive in god as a creator, though not religious. I'm spiritual, and one of the many thing rulers want to encourage is reduction in your spiritual understanding, as for you believe in them over an outside force of the universe. Humans ability to have spiritual force a great power.

I belive there were many humans in caves during the flood. Those who were able to get away. Cave art can be an example of that. I think there are many things throughout history that have been erased. So we will never really know what was actually going on.

I don’t know and neither does anyone else yet no matter what they say or pretty package they wrap it up into.

I’m pretty darn sure it’s not a god but I am very ok with knowing I don’t know just like every other human.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2023, 01:25:56 PM »
Here's a little video for you god believers.  Watch the whole thing to enlighten you.  :old:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Peabody

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2023, 05:13:20 PM »
The whole there is a God oh no there isn’t argument has always amused me. Neither side is able to prove their theories yet folks will waste their time and energy trying to convince each other of the infallibility of their beliefs.