Author Topic: Jimmy Buffet  (Read 1215 times)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Jimmy Buffet
« on: September 02, 2023, 06:45:57 AM »
Dead.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Jimmy Buffet
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 07:13:17 AM »
He is having his cheeseburger in Paradise

:cheers:

RIP Jimmy

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 08:21:13 AM »
Ya know who ISN'T dead? ead?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:58:43 AM »
See you later, Jimmy..

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 10:05:51 AM »
They said he died peacefully at home from an unknown illness that he had suffered since 2022.

You know that makes me mad. Celebrities try to hide their terminal diseases. We have every right to know. And it's not like we won't find out anyway eventually.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 10:40:12 AM »
Your wrong gg, the public has NO RIGHT to know someones illness issues. While like you I might like to know, it certainly is NOT a Right. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 10:48:08 AM »
When you choose to be famous you forfeit all rights to privacy, sorry.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 10:53:29 AM »
You know that makes me mad. Celebrities try to hide their terminal diseases. We have every right to know.
lol what

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 10:56:16 AM »
Seriously?

People really feel themselves entitled to know all the details of the private lives of celebrities?

Wow. Just. Wow. How utterly pitiful.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2023, 11:02:15 AM »

Nah

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2023, 11:13:59 AM »
If you value your privacy, the solution is simple; don't become famous.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2023, 12:40:13 PM »
What's the criteria for being famous? Activity on a world wide public forum, digital or live? On more than one forum? Running a public forum? Running a company? Raising a charity fund? And how widely do you have to be known? Rurally, state-wide, nation-wide, worldwide? And so on and so forth.

Jimmy Buffett's name rang no bell so I googled for him, noticing he was a singer-songwriter for quite a long time. None of the pieces on his "eight list" rang a bell. It's not only me, the Finnish Wikipedia only listed his discography, notified as a stub which means he was a local celebrity. Nation wide, maybe, but not world wide. Agreed, he got wealthy enough to give his face to several business and charity organizations but his passing does not change how they continue working. Very likely he was a nice guy and a good person and also a millionaire but that doesn't make his life public. If you disagree, based on the first paragraph there's quite a many people here who are "known" by people they don't actually know - which in my books is a sign of being famous - so an announcement of their health and other private information should be required. Or?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2023, 12:41:48 PM »
If you value your privacy, the solution is simple; don't become famous.
That's a fair statement, but to say "we have the right to know" is really dumb.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 12:57:27 PM »
What's the criteria for being famous? Activity on a world wide public forum, digital or live? On more than one forum? Running a public forum? Running a company? Raising a charity fund? And how widely do you have to be known? Rurally, state-wide, nation-wide, worldwide? And so on and so forth.

Jimmy Buffett's name rang no bell so I googled for him, noticing he was a singer-songwriter for quite a long time. None of the pieces on his "eight list" rang a bell. It's not only me, the Finnish Wikipedia only listed his discography, notified as a stub which means he was a local celebrity. Nation wide, maybe, but not world wide. Agreed, he got wealthy enough to give his face to several business and charity organizations but his passing does not change how they continue working. Very likely he was a nice guy and a good person and also a millionaire but that doesn't make his life public. If you disagree, based on the first paragraph there's quite a many people here who are "known" by people they don't actually know - which in my books is a sign of being famous - so an announcement of their health and other private information should be required. Or?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscation?wprov=sfla1

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2023, 01:55:28 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscation?wprov=sfla1
Simplified, if you're known and recognized by people that you don't know, you're famous. Would you open your private life to them?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni