Author Topic: AH Game Development Question  (Read 1436 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: AH Game Development Question
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2023, 10:26:35 AM »
Hitech could possibly eventually put this game into a free to play list with those hundreds of other classic games, or something like that so it stays available for ever. I don't know how that works but it could be a possibility.

Who would pay for and host the server on sufficient bandwidth?  The hardware he runs it on isn't cheap.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »
He posted it on the Home Page some time ago.

Coogan

He didn’t say that exactly but if you read between the lines I also got the same feeling.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2023, 11:38:13 AM »
Wishlist board should be closed as its completely useless now. I personally dont expect anything new to come into this game ever again. In fact, its on autopilot until its either no longer cost effective to keep going, some really expensive hardware breaks thats too expensive to fix. or something with the software goes kaput and not fixable since everyone else has been laid off permanently 
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2023, 05:22:34 PM »
Who would pay for and host the server on sufficient bandwidth?  The hardware he runs it on isn't cheap.

Idk, perhaps be put on a fund of sorts or larger company to those who recognize vintage games and keep them going. That is, if hitech didn't want to sell it and/or keep the game going when he chooses to leave it.

This game is a pioneer of computer online air combat and tanking. It should be prolonged some way. But that is only my opinion. For me anyway, this game means a lot.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2023, 05:56:29 PM »
Great seeing you bud.  :cheers:

Not much in the way of development that can be seen.  :joystick:

I think most are hoping to see hitech get back on that horse when he gets things settled down in his life.

:salute

Thanks!  This is what I was hoping to see as well.  I did find HT's post about everything that has been going on personally in the last year or more, which is plenty of reason not to see a lot of updates.  I do see he has posted about new skins regularly being added, so that is encouraging.

Unfortunately, this post seems to have brought out all the doomsayers, but I couldn't find anything along the lines of what they are saying was posted about no development to be done.  I only recall an old post about focusing on War Online Pacific several years ago around the time I left.  Given that WoP doesn't seem to have much traction on Steam, I was thinking that might mean a return of some focus to AH.

I've been playing on all three sides over the past few weeks and I have found there is still fun to be had in AH, but I also hear the same consistent complaints on all three sides.  I thought a couple of these could be addressed relatively easily.  I've contributed to wishlist items that were implemented in the past but wanted to ask this question before taking the time to flesh out any ideas there.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2023, 02:26:03 AM »
THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG :bolt:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2023, 02:34:55 AM »
IMHO, already keeping AH going alone in Dale's situation is a good achievement. There are certain things which could be altered and fixed but in general, it's up and running.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2023, 08:44:02 AM »
I'd love to buy AH and keep it going. A pipe dream of mine. .....<snip>

Call him.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2023, 08:51:41 AM »

This game is a pioneer of computer online air combat and tanking. It should be prolonged some way. But that is only my opinion. For me anyway, this game means a lot.

I’m right there with you, bud. I know I say it a lot, but I don’t think y’all don’t understand what this game did for me! My IRL friends and family really don’t understand.  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2023, 09:31:57 AM »
Call him.

Please don’t encourage him.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2023, 10:32:00 AM »
Please don’t encourage him.

:rofl guaranteed would be better than a large Corp or group that's never played the game before.  :aok

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2023, 10:44:39 AM »
Start a gamer co-op! Make the SBD D3A JU87D and IL2(W/0 37mm) Free to fly in MA!!!!
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2023, 04:21:42 PM »
:rofl guaranteed would be better than a large Corp or group that's never played the game before.  :aok

Start a GoFundMe.  ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.