Author Topic: help  (Read 471 times)

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
help
« on: July 29, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
how do i creat custom sounds for each plane. i have different sounds for mamy planes but i dont know how to extract them to the game and get a different sound for each one. can anybody help me?

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
Just make a folder in your c:\htc\aceshigh\sound dir with the name of the plane.

If you wanted a different engine sound for the P51d ( which is eng.wav ) then you would put your new engine sound eng.wav file in the c:\htc\aceshigh\sound\p51d folder.

All .wav files in the P51d folder would override the original sounds in the sound folder.

To test, just make a P51d folder, copy the check6.wav from the sounds folder and paste it into the P51d folder and rename it eng.wav.
Now run the game and select the P51d and start its engine.  The engine sounds normal when starting but will start sounding check6,check6,check6,check6,check6,check6 as you taxi down the runway.  hehe

Pokie

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
help
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
I'll use the Ki-61 as an example here. First off, create a folder called "ki611c" in the "Aces High\sounds\" folder. Here's the file names this aircraft uses:

engstart.wav
engoff.wav
eng.wav
20mm_3.wav
20mm_4.wav
bomb.wav (for the bomb/drop tank release)
flaps.wav
tire.wav

Each aircraft uses the same file names, with the single exception of gun sounds. HTC tried to give a measure of randomness to the stock sounds but it didn't come out too well. At least in my opinion. As a result you have to either find out what gun sounds each plane uses or just ask me!  :) Since every aircraft in the game has custom sounds with my sound pack I know what each aircraft uses. Or you could just download mine and install it, then look under each aircraft's folder for the names of the gun sounds. But that would be considered cheating  :D

Ultimate Sound Pack v 2.0

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
help
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
thanx guys   :D