Author Topic: Channel 200  (Read 2296 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Channel 200
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2023, 01:37:39 PM »
The HO is generally easily avoidable of you aren't in a 1 circle fight already. The best way to avoid the HO is to do a Z like pattern before crossing, starting at 1k out. At 1k, go left for 2 seconds, right for 2 seconds, then left under their nose if you know they are going to shoot. As you cross, set your angle at 30° off their nose (they are in your 10 or 2 o'clock pos) and have your nose slightly in the vert as you cross, so that you are already starting your emmilman and have your angle as he is shooting. 9/10 times you will beat them in the circle fight just off that merge because you started early while they were wasting time shooting.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2023, 11:25:45 AM »
200 is a crap shoot. I still keep it tuned though.

I’ve been “vocal” in the past and still get that way occasionally. A lot of it has to do with playing styles and mostly calling people out for (admittedly my perception of) poor sportsmanship. I understand that people pay their $ to play their way but is does get on my nerves like nothing else when I’m in an epic fight to get bounced by someone who couldn’t “fight” their way out of a wet paper bag with a pair of scissors. Just as bad (actually worse) is when I have my 12 cleared after doing all the work.

As to the peeps that use the “they did it in the war” excuse, I argue that the MA is not that at all. You have unlimited planes and GVs for your buck. The MA is a sandbox to have fun and engage with other players. If everyone flew like they only had one plane and their lives actually depended on the outcome, this game wouldn’t last a week. Save the need to survive at all costs and only engage when it’s safe for FSO and scenarios.

But what is completely intolerable on 200 is the politics. I log on to escape reality. I don’t need you shoveling your BS on 200 that has nothing even remotely to do with the game.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:27:42 AM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2023, 06:18:02 AM »
I had a guy accuse me off flying a spit once! 200 can get really nasty!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2023, 06:43:00 AM »

How dare someone accuse you of such  :rofl  :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2023, 08:56:54 AM »

That's terrible.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2023, 11:50:19 AM »

Maybe he tried to comfort you after that kind of traumatic experience?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2023, 05:06:27 PM »
But what is completely intolerable on 200 is the politics. I log on to escape reality. I don’t need you shoveling your BS on 200 that has nothing even remotely to do with the game.

Agreed.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2023, 10:13:16 AM »
How dare someone accuse you of such  :rofl  :cheers:

The horror, the horror, the horror….
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 10:17:55 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2023, 10:27:25 AM »
The HO is generally easily avoidable of you aren't in a 1 circle fight already. The best way to avoid the HO is to do a Z like pattern before crossing, starting at 1k out. At 1k, go left for 2 seconds, right for 2 seconds, then left under their nose if you know they are going to shoot. As you cross, set your angle at 30° off their nose (they are in your 10 or 2 o'clock pos) and have your nose slightly in the vert as you cross, so that you are already starting your emmilman and have your angle as he is shooting. 9/10 times you will beat them in the circle fight just off that merge because you started early while they were wasting time shooting.

When I’m not feeling fed up,… I just nose down and loop back over onto their 6. The nose down gives a little more E for the loop, coming down from the loop adds E back to get on their  6 for the kill shot. When I get fed up or slow E I give a few burst at 2k as a warning then at 1500 I just start unloading. Not great chances with wing guns, nose guns they become mist. Don’t HO with a opposing nose gun ac.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2023, 04:31:37 PM »
Here we going again... have been accused on this channel of the following combat tactics :

1. Fly at 20k and dive to pick someone to kill.( never been at 20 k in this game but in any case this is a common tactic for fighter pilots )

2. Choose anyone fighting with a member of my team and get on his sixth and try to kill him. ( I have been killed many times in this same situation and there is nothing wrong with this, another common tactic for real fighter pilots )

3. Participated in a hourde fight and killed pilots that were expected to be killed in these situations.

4. always fight in company of others of my team and take advantage of that, when they fight first, I go and try to kill when the enemy is not looking at me. ( I will do anything I can, I will not expect enemies to kill my friend and later start a fight with them. Usually, ask my team members before I get involved )

5. Whatever any other wrong is doing in this game.

Looks like I'm the only "bad" guy in this game, with unusual, cheater or "unethical"  tactics ?. To be honest, some tire of these romantic ladies yapping in channel 200 this or that, with their hurt feelings, a low quality pilot and plane can kill them ( how there him.... ). Respect for some pilots that, instead of yapping, get a Brewster or their preferred plane and kill me many times ( example LatinLuv, RudBoy, and many others ) 

If one on one is what you need, don't expect me... go to the challenge arena and not in the MA. War is not romantic but nasty and dirty. I would like to ask anyone if this game is about romanticism and if I'm in the wrong game ???

I will take a break from the game and on channel 200, till I feel those ladies recover from the trauma inflicted by this low quality pilot (me) and the nasty Brewster, and to avoid more confrontations on this channel, I will quit using it in the future, since now I understand what this channel is for, I was wrong....
 :salute

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »