Author Topic: W.I.P. P-47N Thunderbolt pics, skin suggestions  (Read 1809 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: W.I.P. P-47N Thunderbolt pics, skin suggestions
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2023, 10:45:41 AM »
Question about "Chautauqua":

(Image removed from quote.)

Aboout have my references show this aircraft as fuselage number 109, the other show her as #119.   Not sure which is correct...

Not sure I know I don’t have any images showing 109. I will go back and read the decal sheets to see if there is more info.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2023, 12:49:39 PM »
Question about "Chautauqua":

Aboout have my references show this aircraft as fuselage number 109, the other show her as #119.   Not sure which is correct...

From one of my books only three options could be available for this plane since we can see the number 9 in several images on the engine cowling
109 119 129.

We can rule out 109 based off the image below. Also the only image that I have found where you can see the triangles on the horizontal tail clearly.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2023, 01:25:38 AM »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2023, 07:57:51 AM »
Not sure I trust that image entirely - I think the wing stripes were yellow, not blue.

Interesting that the tail device was repeated only on the left stabilizer, not both.  I've seen this depicted both ways.

I think the blue triangle is incorrectly oriented; the tip should be pointing at the outside tip if the stab, as if it is a reflection of the triangle on the tail (shown in the photo of the flight of 4) below.