Author Topic: Should mods have the right to bail players at will when dislike player strategy?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
I don't have film
Nobody ever does when accusing, it seems.

So just to be clear: you got a few proxies on someone, then you 'died', so your immediate jump to a conclusion is that they are a mod that was upset that they gave you proxies after bailing in a C47 and ended your sortie?

lol
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Nobody ever does when accusing, it seems.

So just to be clear: you got a few proxies on someone, then you 'died', so your immediate jump to a conclusion is that they are a mod that was upset that they gave you proxies after bailing in a C47 and ended your sortie?

lol

Deliberately misrepresenting my position, and then scoffing at the straw man argument you prop up, suggests to me you realize damn' well there is something to this. Are you the moderator in question?

Or maybe you're just stupid. That's equally possible.

To (re)summarize:

I got a total of six (I think) proxies on that Tu2/pilot sortie, four on the person who bailed after resupping the strat I'd recently hit. The kills in this tour are in the database for all to see. Of the seven pilot" kills" I have this tour, four were from HOVE (the resupper) and I think (not sure, I was afk some of the time) two of the other three were from another resupping goon. That's also checkable in the database should you need additional data but the HOVE thing should be evidence enough.

And when I mentioned on country ("look at the goons looking for me"), ~2 minutes later I "crashed" (not "died," as you inaccurately represent) while standing still, arm raised high, aiming at a C47 and wistfully hoping it would get closer.

When does a pilot on the ground EVER "crash"? How could that even happen? Pilots die...and disco...and get captured. But crash?

Something seems rotten in Denmark here.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
None of that is proof of anything. Period.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
[SNIP]...When does a pilot on the ground EVER "crash"? How could that even happen? Pilots die...and disco...and get captured. But crash?
Something seems rotten in Denmark here....[SNIP]

The internet is a mysterious place and it's between you and other players...look to the internet for answers...the internet mystique will set you free...
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Sounds boring. Have you checked you checked your connection at the time. You may have had some event. Nothing you are posting points to a mod.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
I think a more valid question is if a mod is even capable of doing this.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Deliberately misrepresenting my position, and then scoffing at the straw man argument you prop up, suggests to me you realize damn' well there is something to this. Are you the moderator in question?

Or maybe you're just stupid. That's equally possible.

To (re)summarize:

I got a total of six (I think) proxies on that Tu2/pilot sortie, four on the person who bailed after resupping the strat I'd recently hit. The kills in this tour are in the database for all to see. Of the seven pilot" kills" I have this tour, four were from HOVE (the resupper) and I think (not sure, I was afk some of the time) two of the other three were from another resupping goon. That's also checkable in the database should you need additional data but the HOVE thing should be evidence enough.

And when I mentioned on country ("look at the goons looking for me"), ~2 minutes later I "crashed" (not "died," as you inaccurately represent) while standing still, arm raised high, aiming at a C47 and wistfully hoping it would get closer.

When does a pilot on the ground EVER "crash"? How could that even happen? Pilots die...and disco...and get captured. But crash?

Something seems rotten in Denmark here.

None of the data you throwing around "proves" anything but that you have some proxies.

Cybro makes a living on proxies and Ive never seen him/her complain about getting "crashed" because he was too hard to find.

I am VERY sure that a MOD can NOT "bail/crash" a player. If they could there would have been a lot of talk about it on the boards over the last 22 years, and I miss very little that goes up on the boards.

IF <----- and thats a big IF   :P  it happened the way you say it did I would think it more likely that it was a glich with the internet connection, your computer, or the game in that order.

Your internet connection is the easiest thing to blame as it has so many variables. How many servers, switches, connections, fiber connection and converters and power station does your signal go through to get from your place to HTC?

Your computer may have had a burp and dropped you easily.

Could there be something in the game? I doubt it. First there is cybro. Then there are all those tankers that would hide in the trees and collect their proxies ( I know its about the only way I can get a kill in a GV  :mad: ). And if it had happened before or frequently like I said you certainly would have heard it here. There was a number of people who complained about cybro flashing dars and doing nothing but picking up proxies and Hitech said something along the lines or "he was breaking no rules and if that how he wanted to play the game, it was his $15", so there is no reason, even if they could for a MOD to "crash" you.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
I think a more valid question is if a mod is even capable of doing this.

As Fugi posted above... Skuzzy posted long ago what the Moderators could/ couldn't do and have specific guidelines and rules to follow

NO they can not!  Only Hitech and HTC employees have that capability last I remember

Hope this helps

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
As Fugi posted above... Skuzzy posted long ago what the Moderators could/ couldn't do and have specific guidelines and rules to follow

NO they can not!  Only Hitech and HTC employees have that capability last I remember

Hope this helps

It does. If you're correct, that is exactly the response I was looking for when I started this thread. I'm not 100% convinced but you seem to know more about AH than I do.

Coincidence does happen sometimes....

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Did you happen to be hiding in or around a building?  Once buildings are re-upped they can throw you around.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
And just maybe an enemy pilot shot you in da head with his .45  :rofl   Kinda cheesy sitting on the ground collecting proxies.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
It does. If you're correct, that is exactly the response I was looking for when I started this thread. I'm not 100% convinced but you seem to know more about AH than I do.

Coincidence does happen sometimes....

Yes indeed, coincidence does often happen...

When I was a AH Trainer, we all had the ability to eject an unruly player from the Training Arena and the same goes for The CM Staff in special event arenas...

But no other Arenas,  only as I said above and I doubt it has changed

Has nothing to do with like or dislike of another player...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 10:35:31 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
So after reading this thread a question comes to mind. There is no inactive timer on the server or the UI to boot the connection after a set period player idleness?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
So after reading this thread a question comes to mind. There is no inactive timer on the server or the UI to boot the connection after a set period player idleness?

Correct. It has been request a million times for players who sit in the tower for hours on end while they sleep just in case their team wins the war so they can get the perk points.

Hitech has always said no to a "kicker"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Like when you fly off the map, Moli?

Sure.
:aok  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!