Author Topic: VKB Gladiator twisty rudder question  (Read 430 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
VKB Gladiator twisty rudder question
« on: November 20, 2023, 09:00:46 AM »
By assigning rudder control to the handle twist function (Z axis I believe) any input either activates full left or full right rudder. How do I introduce incremental input?

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: VKB Gladiator twisty rudder question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 09:51:54 AM »
First off make sure the axis is calibrated, also make sure you are assigning an axis and not a switch. Go to the clipboard>options>map controllers>check advanced>select the Z axis. As you twist the stick right and left you should see the green line in the box on the right of the advanced page move up and down smoothly from the center.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 10:07:35 AM »
I've assigned rudder input to the Z Rotation axis. The default value is 32767....basically dead center. The slightest movement right results in a value of 65535; slightest movement left take it to 0. It's all or nothing.

I've had this stick about a month and it seems to be I may have somehow done something to cause this to happen...just can't recall what it was that I did.

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 10:42:29 AM »
The drill for the VKB sticks is only slightly convoluted. First, you should have the latest version of the config, bootloader and latest correct FW for your stick as well as everything else VKB in a single folder. From the configurator press the bootloader button.  Flash to the current FW. Once that finishes and you're back at the configurator, press the default button in the configurator(important--don't skip this), then start calibrate--operate all axii then click stop calibration. The stick will re-start. That should do it. Sounds like you've skipped something if the axis is registering.

There's probably a video about it on their YT channel how to do it. I don't have the gladiator or their new throttle and other stuff but I believe you can only flash with one thing connected at a time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group