Author Topic: Skyyr  (Read 27971 times)

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
Re: Skyyr
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2023, 09:34:06 PM »
Gotta wonder if HiTech let this guy back in just to watch this chicken***t debate :rolleyes:

It is pretty entertaining to watch grown men reduce themselves to sniveling teenage girls over 1 person in a cartoon airplane game, I have to admit...

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2023, 10:21:39 PM »
If that was the case, you and this shade account would have been shown the door 3 years ago.

You're just embarrassing yourself now, Vraciu. Give it a rest.

Shade account?

And what have I said here that's slandering anyone? You are just a Dolby psycophant. That's your beef.

I'm laughing so hard that you people think I'm Vraciu because I stood up for him.  Hilarious.

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2023, 10:24:14 PM »
Weird a guy posting here a few weeks ago looking for training videos and knows so much about everything community related.

Maybe if your time was spent better you wouldn't be asking for help after two decades.  I believe you referenced ownge back to a previous sim.

If you want your sociopath buddy in the game cool.. at least get better with the shading stuff though if you want to stir the pot.  At least he has a clue how to fight when you have zero.

You've never fought me so how would you know?

(It's pretty easy to find Intel when the characters are the same. )

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2023, 10:25:18 PM »
But wait if Palace Cobra is Vraciu does that make me Mindy?!????

Butt who remembers Midway? consider your ways!!!!!

Wait.  I thought Mindy was Skyyr.   :headscratch:

:rofl

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2023, 10:33:41 PM »
you people think I'm Vraciu because I stood up for him.  Hilarious.

No, that's not it...
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2023, 11:08:22 PM »
Butt who remembers Midway? consider your ways!!!!!

I remember Midway!  I wish he and his albatrosses were still around.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2023, 12:41:39 AM »
I've got a solution for all this if anyone's interested?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2023, 01:23:41 AM »
I've got a solution for all this if anyone's interested?

What is your solution?  :cheers:
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2023, 02:16:22 AM »
What is your solution?  :cheers:

Just fly your own game. Challenge yourself not others. Try to avoid getting embroiled in pointless conflicts as some seem to seek. Don't align your ego behind activities in an online game. AH is an excellent hobby and nothing more meaningful. Recognise what purpose smack-talk serves. Try to be a bit more empathic towards others and especially yourself. Don't feed the tenet that the only way to solve problems is to apply force and rage. Try that with your own aircraft and see how it works out. Work with nature and not against it. Nature is everywhere even in virtual environments. Be more Stoic. Stop drinkng coffee. That's all I have for today.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2023, 02:48:36 AM »
It is pretty entertaining to watch grown men reduce themselves to sniveling teenage girls over 1 person in a cartoon airplane game, I have to admit...

Physical and mental adulthoods do not always go together. Seems to depend on subject. And in some cases, no subject needed.

Just fly your own game. Challenge yourself not others. Try to avoid getting embroiled in pointless conflicts as some seem to seek. Don't align your ego behind activities in an online game. AH is an excellent hobby and nothing more meaningful. Recognise what purpose smack-talk serves. Try to be a bit more empathic towards others and especially yourself. Don't feed the tenet that the only way to solve problems is to apply force and rage. Try that with your own aircraft and see how it works out. Work with nature and not against it. Nature is everywhere even in virtual environments. Be more Stoic. Stop drinkng coffee. That's all I have for today.  :salute

Fully agreed except the coffee, as there is no rule in Patimokkha which forbids coffee. It says  “refrain from intoxicating drink and drugs which lead to carelessness” but I don't consider coffee being intoxicating as without it I'm pretty intoxicatingly careless.    :D

And I'd add "log off when you get upset". That's what I do, instead of going to spread insults in 200.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 03:00:15 AM by GasTeddy »

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2023, 08:58:46 AM »
I love reading the forum threads.  I don't really care about much in them, so they're just good fun to read.  Jeez, I really don't care about almost anything.  I don't really think shade accounts are a big deal, but they could be minimized if dot dar was turned back on, NOE meant nobody could see you, and the name appearing when you put the cursor on the plane in the map went away.  Then hunting people would be harder, finding bombers would be harder, and NOE runs would make airfield defenses much more interesting.  Ah and give us a dfuse on the bombs!!   Not to mention leave it daylight always, and no dar bar for NOE, or base flash!!  Maybe try those settings for a week and see how it inflames the people who hate change, and how it changes game play?

As for Skyyr returning; welcome back, always fun to have people that like to fight. I just wish Mindy was around more, that player is crazy!!  As to the rest of you lunatics, see you in the unfriendly skies.   

Dieter

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2023, 10:59:37 AM »
You've never fought me so how would you know?

(It's pretty easy to find Intel when the characters are the same. )

No one even knows who you are. Why don't you let us know your in-game name. Or are you scared?

You know what I find absolutely crazy.

Since Hitech made this post, Skyyr has flown 25 hours already. Not taking into account how long he's been signed in. Thats more than I've played in 2 months combined in about 3 days. I've played 112 hours total in 2023 not including scenarios and FSO, which may bring it to 120 hours. Between Ertus and Skyyr it's about 64 hours played in less than 3 weeks. I think that's crazy.

Shade account?

And what have I said here that's slandering anyone? You are just a Dolby psycophant. That's your beef.

I'm laughing so hard that you people think I'm Vraciu because I stood up for him.  Hilarious.

You said Im shading while flying an La7, which is absurdly false. Therefore slandering me with an incorrect statement. Further you have provided no proof for that claim, nor could you.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2023, 12:03:51 PM »
I love reading the forum threads.  I don't really care about much in them, so they're just good fun to read.  Jeez, I really don't care about almost anything.  I don't really think shade accounts are a big deal, but they could be minimized if dot dar was turned back on, NOE meant nobody could see you, and the name appearing when you put the cursor on the plane in the map went away.  Then hunting people would be harder, finding bombers would be harder, and NOE runs would make airfield defenses much more interesting.  Ah and give us a dfuse on the bombs!!   Not to mention leave it daylight always, and no dar bar for NOE, or base flash!!  Maybe try those settings for a week and see how it inflames the people who hate change, and how it changes game play?

As for Skyyr returning; welcome back, always fun to have people that like to fight. I just wish Mindy was around more, that player is crazy!!  As to the rest of you lunatics, see you in the unfriendly skies.   

Dieter

+1
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2023, 03:04:54 PM »
I had two, above-average fights this weekend (an excellent furball weekend, btw, with many good fights).  One was with Shane (La7) and the other was with Skyyr (La7).  I came in with far-superior energy on both occasions, and flew about as well as I could manage both times.  And still lost both fights. My atrocious aim is somewhat partly to blame, but in the end, they flew better than I did. After I squandered the energy advantage that I brought into the fight, they shredded my beloved D25. Did I learn anything? Probably not, lol. But I had a blast in both fights, and neither pilot rubbed my nose in it afterwards.  So, small thanks for that! I guess what I'm trying to say, the more people we can get into the game, the better. I'm hoping Kruel and the gang will come back, and I'd love to see Latrobe and Dolby. And a ton of other folks.  It feels like the MA is getting a little bit fuller each month, so I hope the larger numbers trend keeps continuing. It's not my call on who gets to play though. Just hoping they get lined up correctly in front of that big radial engine. ;)

:joystick: :salute

-HlyWd-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2023, 03:32:52 PM »
You're always a fun fight and the one thing I do acknowledge in the MA is effort.   You were also nice enough to stay out of the 109k (aeroace7) on me when he asked. Once the 109 left to rtb is the engagement you described below. 

I will very often overfly /bypass 2 people engaged in what seems to be a nice 1 v 1 (fun for them.)  It's those little sidebar engagements that are enjoyable for many.

If it's a furball or close-in base op, it's anything goes. Pikboi!  :neener: 

Hope you make it to MNM - it's still a thing.

I had two, above-average fights this weekend (an excellent furball weekend, btw, with many good fights).  One was with Shane (La7) and the other was with Skyyr (La7).  I had a blast in both fights, and neither pilot rubbed my nose in it afterwards. 
 :joystick: :salute

-HlyWd-
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798