Author Topic: Master of the Air miniseries, 8th AF action, and the next Scenario  (Read 3680 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Master of the Air miniseries, 8th AF action, and the next Scenario
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2024, 03:55:54 PM »
Put a post in the IL2 forum for other sims. 13 views in the first 20 min lol. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/86954-aces-high-iii-%E2%80%9Cbig-week%E2%80%9D-scenario-feb-3rd-mar-2nd/

I am going to blast it on a few Reddit subs as we get closer. I did link to events page in a discussion thread in the IL2 reddit though.

OMG. You posted about AH3 on IL2 forums?! Are you trying to kill IL2?! Surely you will be banned I tell you!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2024, 04:19:40 PM »
OMG. You posted about AH3 on IL2 forums?! Are you trying to kill IL2?! Surely you will be banned I tell you!

Help I’ve been arrested by the online forum police.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2024, 04:42:32 PM »

Don't worry, they're probably just silly self-appointed Hall Monitors.  Ignore them. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2024, 04:57:53 PM »

Animl reporting for duty!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2024, 05:20:09 PM »
I'm doomed. I replied to your post on the IL2 forums...

If you stop hearing from me you know they're coming to take me away!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2024, 05:50:35 PM »
I'm doomed. I replied to your post on the IL2 forums...

If you stop hearing from me you know they're coming to take me away!

You will be remembered as a brave soul.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2024, 05:57:02 PM »
The online flight sim community is pretty niche, small and it's shrinking. This cross pollination and cross promotion stuff does nothing but help grow the community in my opinion. Highlighting and promoting other games' strengths and weaknesses shed light on your own as well. Seeing and discussing what's over the fence in the neighbors yard might show you what you need to improve in your own backyard.
I'm back to looking at all this stuff and it's great. I can't wait to get back to AH gameplay and I'm looking forward to some of those cool missions and the like over at IL-2 too. Not sure what the other sim mentioned is, but color me intrigued. Intrigue plays a big part in keeping this niche world going and growing.
Keep up the intrigue, I say.
In the meanwhile, I'm gonna practice as I'm absolutely looking forward to this scenario. It's great to see the enthusiasm for it...reminds me of the old days.

I looked over my backyard fence over the summer while trimming a tree. I almost saw boobies. I also almost fell off the ladder too. That was intriguing.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2024, 06:04:37 PM »
The online flight sim community is pretty niche, small and it's shrinking. This cross pollination and cross promotion stuff does nothing but help grow the community in my opinion. Highlighting and promoting other games' strengths and weaknesses shed light on your own as well. Seeing and discussing what's over the fence in the neighbors yard might show you what you need to improve in your own backyard.
I'm back to looking at all this stuff and it's great. I can't wait to get back to AH gameplay and I'm looking forward to some of those cool missions and the like over at IL-2 too. Not sure what the other sim mentioned is, but color me intrigued. Intrigue plays a big part in keeping this niche world going and growing.
In the meanwhile, I'm gonna practice as I'm absolutely looking forward to this scenario. It's great to see the enthusiasm for it...reminds me of the old days.

I looked over my backyard fence over the summer while trimming a tree. I almost saw boobies. I also almost fell off the ladder too. That was intriguing.

Oh no they got to you too!  :uhoh

Great points Xanax welcome back!  :cheers:

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2024, 06:31:00 PM »

The best sort of intrigue.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2024, 09:50:12 AM »
The post on the IL2 forum has 118 views in under a day so not too shabby. And old Air Warrior player replied that he is going to come check it out. I told him to stop in here and he may be surprised who is still around lol. His IL name was Kestral79 not sure if it was the same in AW.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2024, 11:15:38 AM »

1) only said by players who play different games.

2) on other games its either segregated or not allowed at all.

3) when its only done forum wide in one game it puts it behind the 8ball.

4) IF it were equal I might agree, but its not. Its unleashed here, so I don’t agree.

It doesn’t hurt the other games. Obviously I’m not alone, base because 1, pretty planes, agrees with me. Its not s single person concept. Killing a game does not preserve the niche.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:19:45 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2024, 11:51:35 AM »
I know that some might find this shocking but some of us are actually promoting AH3 in the IL2 forums and nobody is complaining about it:

Aces High III “Big Week” Scenario Feb. 3rd - Mar. 2nd
Dadtallica

By Dadtallica
Yesterday at 11:23 AM in Other Sims and Games

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Posted yesterday at 11:23 AM (edited)

Not sure if there any Aces High players in here but there is a new scenario starting on 2/3/24 and continuing on Saturdays through 3/2/24.

To coincide with the new Masters of the Air tv show premier this scenario will focus on a Big Week style time frame of the European campaigns. Not an exact redo but there will be bombers to fly and shoot.

Aces High is free to try and always free offline. There are over 120 WWII Planes and vehicles to use.  No credit card is needed for your free trial and during you will get two week access to all multiplayer arenas.

Scenario planes to include the B17 and varying models of P51’s, P47’s, BF109’s and FW190’s.

Registration begins on 1/7/24. More info to come and can be found at the AH Special Events site.

Aces High Special Events

There is also a teaser video on YouTube.

All are welcome!

Edited 20 hours ago by Dadtallica

HazMatt

HazMatt

Posted 19 hours ago

Sounds like fun!

If you plan to fly it you might want to download it and get your stuff setup before the even or you might find yourself fumbling around.

You could always be a gunner though. I don't think you even need a joystick for that if I recall correctly.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Author

Posted 17 hours ago (edited)

19 hours ago, HazMatt said:

Sounds like fun!

If you plan to fly it you might want to download it and get your stuff setup before the even or you might find yourself fumbling around.

You could always be a gunner though. I don't think you even need a joystick for that if I recall correctly.

No joystick required but it is very highly recommended. All planes, vehicles, and guns are controllable by mouse and keyboard.

AH3 also is friendly to VR.

Always a good idea to get settings squared away and make yourself comfortable offline first.

Edited 17 hours ago by Dadtallica

Unread replies
kestrel79

Founder
    kestrel79

Posted 4 hours ago

How is this compared to Warthunder, IL2, and DCS? I played Air Warrior back in the day and I think this is the spiritual successor right? I always liked the larger number of players online in one game, and the ability to capture bases was fun too. Great gameplay. But I'm dating myself and talking AOL in 1997 here :)

How much does it cost a month to play after the trial?

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Author

Posted 3 hours ago (edited)

Come on back! There are no shortage of the old Air Warrior vets in Aces High lol!

You pretty much described it as it is today. AH has a lot of unique things that those others do not. Player numbers aren’t like the old days but getting about 130 in prime time and more for the scenarios and FSO’s. It’s 14.99 a month after the trial.

No charge to download and start flying offline if you want to get familiar again. You can wait a bit and sign up for the account closer the scenario if you want to try it during the two week trial.
Edited 3 hours ago by Dadtallica

kestrel79

Founder
    kestrel79

Posted 2 hours ago

Cool maybe I'll check it out for Big Week. I actually remember Air Warrior III doing that in the late 90's. How's VR work compared to IL2?

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Author

Posted 2 hours ago (edited)

2 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

Cool maybe I'll check it out for Big Week. I actually remember Air Warrior III doing that in the late 90's. How's VR work compared to IL2?

I do not use VR since I have a 55” screen but from all accounts it’s a game changer and AH handles it very well.

You should pop in the AH forum ahead of time you will for sure find some old AW friends. In fact a few days ago people were looking up old Air Warrior stats lol. What was your AW call sign?

There is also a section solely for VR if you have specific questions. AH BBS
Edited 2 hours ago by Dadtallica

kestrel79

Founder
    kestrel79

Posted 1 hour ago

What site has the old AW stats? I'll have to check that out. I was in 7th or 8th grade, I was probably terrible. <f16> or <f-16> something like that. I flew with a squadron too, but the name of the squad escapes me. I remember our CO's name was Chunks, or Chnks something like that. And the best pilot in our squad was Dark9. Maybe the Warhawks, Warhammers, something like that. Idk.

I would get up early before school at like 6am and fly a B-17 below radar and bomb all the factories for mega points while only a handful of other people were playing online. Also have fond memories of being a gunner on a fully crewed B-17, and we came across another B-17 and got in an epic dogfight of bombers. Great times. Back when you had unlimited free time to play games.

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

Author

Posted 48 minutes ago

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

What site has the old AW stats? I'll have to check that out. I was in 7th or 8th grade, I was probably terrible. <f16> or <f-16> something like that. I flew with a squadron too, but the name of the squad escapes me. I remember our CO's name was Chunks, or Chnks something like that. And the best pilot in our squad was Dark9. Maybe the Warhawks, Warhammers, something like that. Idk.

I would get up early before school at like 6am and fly a B-17 below radar and bomb all the factories for mega points while only a handful of other people were playing online. Also have fond memories of being a gunner on a fully crewed B-17, and we came across another B-17 and got in an epic dogfight of bombers. Great times. Back when you had unlimited free time to play games.
    Expand 

I am not sure where they got them but I will post this screenshot in the forum and see what happens. AH is still full of old AW pilots.

Lusekofte

Founder
    Lusekofte

Posted 42 minutes ago

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Also have fond memories of being a gunner on a fully crewed B-17, and we came across another B-17 and got in an epic

Do they have b 17?

how is the gameplay compared to il 2 and fm

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2024, 12:22:40 PM »
It’s weird that nobody in the IL2 forum has sent me any hate filled pm’s after 140 views. Already looks like we have a couple people interested too. I’m going to start Reddit subs this weekend.

r/flightsim and r/microsoftflightsim have weekly self promo threads for whatever you want. The Microsoft sub has 140k members and is the #14 sub for all simulation games. Hoping to get some good traction out of that one.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2024, 12:29:02 PM »

Kestrel79

Expand 

I am not sure where they got them but I will post this screenshot in the forum and see what happens. AH is still full of old AW pilots.

Does any of this ring a bell for the old AW crew? I came along after that time.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 12:32:06 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2024, 12:45:43 PM »
It’s weird that nobody in the IL2 forum has sent me any hate filled pm’s after 140 views.

Maybe they are on their meds.  ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.