Author Topic: WIP Wirbelwind  (Read 198 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
WIP Wirbelwind
« on: November 21, 2023, 04:09:50 AM »
Thought I'd show a screenshot of what I have been working on the last couple of weeks. The diffuse file is mostly done but I still need to create the normal, specular, environmental and power maps. The normal map in particular tends to make GV skins looks a lot better.

I have been asked several times over the years to make skins for the flakpanzers but have resisted doing so as their 3D shapes are very basic, best that can be said about them really is "not as bad as the Tempest". Also there is a lack of decent period photos of them and some of those do not to have units associated with them. However with Lyric1's help and a couple of new books I have found enough info to do about half a dozen Wirbelwinds as well as a couple of Ostwind skins.

One thing I am mulling over is whether to skin the gun file. This would let me make the paint and weathering match the rest of the skin and I could do a better job of the metal effects on the barrels. OTOH the gun files aren't in the list of submittable files so I'd have ask Hitech to add them. Also it will be another week or so's work each for each of the shapes, so for both reasons it might delay getting the skins into the game.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: WIP Wirbelwind
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 08:50:06 AM »
 :aok Plenty of folks are going to be very happy with what you done so far. Another week to get everything the way you want it wont hurt.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 09:57:25 AM »
Looks great so far.

Definitely do the gun. I had HiTech add weapon files for the 110G earlier this year. So he's willing to do that. 
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 10:38:41 AM »
It does look great so far, and I think it's worth the extra effort to get everything just the way you'd like to see it.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 10:57:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will skin the gun then. Hitech added the M16 turret files for me recently as well so it shouldn't be a problem for him to add the files for the flaks.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 11:07:19 AM »
I am loving what I'm seeing! :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76