Author Topic: Breakfast Club Reformed (possibly)  (Read 432 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Breakfast Club Reformed (possibly)
« on: November 22, 2023, 07:06:12 AM »
This morning there were five(!) live people in the MPA mucking around and having fun. Two of those people were trying to train together and frankly the duelling queue got in the way.

I know it feels exactly like this:  :bhead to ask again, but could you please give is the old Duelling Arena back. Heck, add it as a seperate arena and make it a $ arena. Surely you have surplus server space?

If you build it they (might) come!  :banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: Breakfast Club Reformed (possibly)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 08:55:01 AM »
Yes! 

So many people have asked for this since the terrible MPA replaced it.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 01:01:58 PM »
Just a suggestion, but you could always open your own dueling arena. Iirc the max number is sixteen so you should have plenty of slots. That way you can control who is in there, and if they don't play nice with others you can boot them.

:cheers:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 03:48:23 PM »
We've tried that SIK1, a couple of us were hosting it in rotation for a while with the same settings. For some reason people seem reluctant to come to a privately-hosted arena.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 03:55:22 PM »
We've tried that SIK1, a couple of us were hosting it in rotation for a while with the same settings. For some reason people seem reluctant to come to a privately-hosted arena.

Or they don't even see it because they are not on the the "all tab".

That's my theory atleast.

I'm with you. I wish the arena would go back to simple basics, but keep the airspawns. Continue with the 1v1 quick duels, but fix it so you can do 2v2+ fights. Make the AI in a different area than the free fight area.

A place for duels, a place for free fight with airspwns, and a place with AI to fight. All on one map. That's all you need. Remove scoring all together.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 07:10:01 AM »
The AI planes should be relocated ..those planes seem to have different flight models than sub flown planes,  not sure it's a good look for AH

Get a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 working and I might never see ma again

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 09:39:07 AM »

Get a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 working and I might never see ma again

Eagler

+1
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 10:46:20 PM »
It's presently an absurd situation where the environments intended to facilitate play are in fact blocking the gameplay or not supporting potential gameplay. Knowledgeable players give that informed feedback and it gets ignored. For years.

You might argue that players aren't making the best requests for the business model but consider this: In my Euro daytimes and early evenings when I can get on the MA is all-but dead in terms of engaging gameplay. It really isn't worth the subscription anymore and this dead-spot in the daily cycle continues to expand at either end. Presently the TA and MPA are the only two arenas I can get any rewarding flying done at all - and they're both free-to-play. Lusche has left for similar reasons as another example, just so you know it's not just me.

Retruning players (of which there are potentially a lot more than new players given retirement timing etc) aren't likely to bother showing up again if the gameplay opportunities are as stagnant as they were when they became tired of it and left in the first place - offer alternatives.

I'm proposing to leave the MPA as it is and also add back in the DA - as a paid arena - which it was all along. Surely this requires no code nor hours of modification (which fair enough, Dale is still recovering from his surgery last I heard).

Get rid of the bloody daft and also unpopulated Steal the Sheep arena if you're struggling for server space.

I'm not a freeloader by nature. Do pay for several things I don't have to which is fair enough if they're of use to you, but the MA is my only paid arena - which is 5h!t for pretty well anyone but a primetime US-player. When my subscription runs out in a few weeks I could still do everything I want to do in the game right now for free. I hate to say it this way but $0 would be an accurate reflection of the level of customer support some existing players presently get.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2023, 07:31:10 AM »
Wonder if it could be setup as free to play during prime time euro and pay to play prime time United States just to see if it actually just a price issue or if it is something else..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals