Author Topic: Aces Help Page  (Read 703 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Aces Help Page
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 01:50:50 PM »
There are a lot of issues with the film viewer, but is still a good tool, you just have to learn to live with the programs failures. If you dont have the terrain the film was taken on in your terrain folder it will show just an ocean view. All boats are not in the right place when you view the films that you're in or around. I get odd artifact after jumping around in a film. Terrain tiles will stand on end, or land tiles will be changed out with water tiles. Sometimes to guns firing will get stuck and just keep firing. You use to be able to sort the list box as well, sort by name, range, alt, speed and plane type. The buttons are still there but they dont do anything.

Even with the issues you can pick up a lot of info. Most times just closing and reopening the viewer will clear the issue for awhile.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 02:04:58 PM »
There are a lot of issues with the film viewer, but is still a good tool, you just have to learn to live with the programs failures. If you dont have the terrain the film was taken on in your terrain folder it will show just an ocean view. All boats are not in the right place when you view the films that you're in or around. I get odd artifact after jumping around in a film. Terrain tiles will stand on end, or land tiles will be changed out with water tiles. Sometimes to guns firing will get stuck and just keep firing. You use to be able to sort the list box as well, sort by name, range, alt, speed and plane type. The buttons are still there but they dont do anything.

Even with the issues you can pick up a lot of info. Most times just closing and reopening the viewer will clear the issue for awhile.

Certain FX will only run ONCE per session. An explosion will only happen once until the FV is restarted. On rewind gun fire will loop until it reaches the same time rewound from.

Basically once you setup a scene you want, mark time and restart for the actual capture.

Once you get to know it, its still a great tool.

I’m used to the issues. But suddenly have new ones. A plane won’t center in chase mode if you change anything. Snap fixes it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 04:12:05 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 02:51:58 PM »
DAMN!!!!! IPaddress reset!!!

Please update your bookmarks guys!

Aces Help Page

Fighter Comparison Page

Cartoons page

Are you running this server on your own? If you dont have a static IP, you can use a service like Duck DNS that will give you a more traditional web address and actively scan for changes in your IP so it will automatically update when it changes. That way people can always go to the same address even if the IP is changing. https://www.duckdns.org/

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2024, 03:32:22 PM »
DAMN!!!!! IPaddress reset!!!

Please update your bookmarks guys!

Aces Help Page

Fighter Comparison Page

Cartoons page

Thx Fugitive! :rock

I don’t have knowledge or time atm to contribute much,still fighting that fight. I’m greatful for all the hard work you do.

:salute

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2024, 07:16:27 PM »
Thank you!

I had heard the comparisons page still existed but not where. Much appreciated seeing it again.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2024, 09:04:32 PM »

Thx Fugitive! :rock

I don’t have knowledge or time atm to contribute much,still fighting that fight. I’m greatful for all the hard work you do.

Keep at it Morf!  <S>

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2024, 10:38:37 PM »
Certain FX will only run ONCE per session. An explosion will only happen once until the FV is restarted.

You don't even need to restart the film viewer. Just press the stop button and everything will reset from the beginning.

I only need to restart the film viewer after using full screen mode. The viewer acts funky with the separate window.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2024, 04:35:07 AM »
You don't even need to restart the film viewer. Just press the stop button and everything will reset from the beginning.

I only need to restart the film viewer after using full screen mode. The viewer acts funky with the separate window.

I don’t use it full screen, but do use it maximized. Not sure if thats what you’re referring to.
Stop works in certain situations, but not all. Some explosions need restart, at least on my end.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2024, 09:28:03 AM »
I don’t use it full screen, but do use it maximized. Not sure if thats what you’re referring to.
Stop works in certain situations, but not all. Some explosions need restart, at least on my end.

No, I meant true full screen.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2024, 08:38:51 PM »
  Thanks  Fugitive!

Great information !!  :salute :salute