Author Topic: Lost sounds  (Read 574 times)

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
Lost sounds
« on: March 21, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
I ended up getting this posted in the Special Events forum. So I'm rewritting this here. But I ended up deleting my AH stock sounds when I installed flatbaits sound package. Sounds such as the bomb release, bullet hits on my acft and sure. Can any of you help me get these back. No problem with the way flakbait set up the install program. In fact I like the way he did it. It was my screw up. Oh, nice work flakbait. I've never did like the stock sounds.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Lost sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
Thanks. The bomb drop sound is actually in each aircraft's folder. Look for a WAV file named "bomb" in any subfolder (eg "fw190a5") and delete it. I didn't mess with the stock hit sounds or the bomb drop. Come to think of it I didn't do any new hit sounds. Hmm, something for the future. Gun sounds I did over-write since a lot of planes use them. But the bomb drop is something for you to decide about. That's why I didn't set that whistling bomb drop in the root sounds directory.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Lost sounds
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Firball, I had this as well, because I deleted my Old files before installing this Soundpack.

There are some default sounds missing the ROOT sounds (the ones not in an AC directory) in the soundpack. So, basicaly , you deleted some files and these were not replaced after(when you installed the soundpack).

Now, all you need to know is WHAT files exactly are missing   . Like Flakbait said, just pick some in an AC sound directory and put it in the sound ROOT folder.

Cheers,

------------------
MASS/SAW

"I am distracted when I talk to my privates".
Wobble

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-22-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
Lost sounds
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2001, 06:29:00 AM »
thanks guys for the help.

fireball
LTC
457th Bomb Group (H)
The Fireball Outfit
Fireball

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
Lost sounds
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Well I cann't replace the missing sounds. Don't have them to reinstall. These are the stock sounds that comes with the basic downloads. Not any of the improve sounds any of you guys have done. What I'm really missing is the bullet hits on your acft from another acft and such.
Fireball