Author Topic: Carbon Passports may be the answer!  (Read 2491 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Carbon Passports may be the answer!
« on: November 30, 2023, 11:34:20 AM »

It’s time to limit how often we can travel abroad – ‘carbon passports’ may be the answer

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/carbon-passports-explainer/index.html

:banana:

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Carbon Passports may be the answer!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 11:43:54 AM »
This makes me want to go start up my 1984 CUCV with 0 emissions vehicle to help feed the plants....

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 02:47:55 AM »
Carbon development is beneficial for us, who are planning to have a banana farm beyond polar circle.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 09:41:37 AM »
This climate religion has to stop. It has gotten past the conspiracy theory stage into public hysteria with full govt backing.  :mad:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »
So if co2 is bad but oxygen is good/required and trees convert co2 to oxygen why don't we just plant more trees..and stop destroying the rainforest while they are at it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 11:08:26 AM »
planting trees doesnt sell solar panels, electric cars, and "other" government backed (mandatory forced) things to shut down all fossil fuels
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 11:41:33 AM »
I get the feeling it's about control.

I wonder how the greenies feel about the electricity for their "electric" car coming from a coal powered power plant or that after the batteries wear out they will most likely end up in a landfill.

One of the other points that fascinates me is we hear about grids struggling to provide power and people being asked not to charge their EVs during peak times. Sounds like it's really helping.

I could go on and on but I won't. Need to go warm up my CUCV.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 01:50:10 PM »
So if co2 is bad but oxygen is good/required and trees convert co2 to oxygen why don't we just plant more trees..and stop destroying the rainforest while they are at it

Eagler

Because decades of saving forest from fires its so great as its s natural process for healthier forest. Now all the burning that should have happened is now coming all at once. And the more co2 the more and faster that will happen. It takes 20-30 years for a tree to be decent size to cleanse the air. You’re making more co2 than the shrinking full growth tree forest and oceans can handle. Top that off with Brazil deforesting complicates it further. You’re losing filtering and oxygen, and thats is NOT. Good cycle to be in.

This climate denial thing is 100% political because it hurts the rich oil mongers. And the shallow minded swallows THEIR propaganda against the rich people profits.

Not one single issue the other side of the fence has spoken has been proven, even in the most elementary way.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2023, 01:52:27 PM »
This climate religion has to stop. It has gotten past the conspiracy theory stage into public hysteria with full govt backing.  :mad:

Pick any subject? Not one thing your tribe’s paranoia has spoken has ever come trur or proven to be true. Not one. You’ve been batting 0 (zero) absolutely zero fir 9 yrs now. Msybe the ussue is your tribe.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 02:06:03 PM »
If I recall correctly from like 5th grade (it's been a long time)

Something like 40 million years ago CO2 levels were double what they are now and there weren't any SUVs around...

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2023, 03:37:19 PM »
China is pushing 2 coal power plants online every week.

We will end up with extremes in some countries if carbon passport will get the nod, like produce no more babies, or eat a maximum of 2k calories per day, or heat homes to max 13deg C. (all have been suggested in my country by climate extremists).

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 07:24:17 PM »

Something like 40 million years ago CO2 levels were double what they are now and there weren't any SUVs around...

The animal farts  :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »
Dang dinosaurs. Guess they were extincted by farts?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2023, 12:37:14 AM »
China is pushing 2 coal power plants online every week.

We will end up with extremes in some countries if carbon passport will get the nod, like produce no more babies, or eat a maximum of 2k calories per day, or heat homes to max 13deg C. (all have been suggested in my country by climate extremists).

Hilarious video by woman mocking such lunacy:

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 12:56:48 AM »

Yes.  And times where it was 10 times higher than now, and plenty of plant and animal life.  During time of dinosaurs, it was 4 times higher than now.  During the time of early primates, 4 times higher than now.