Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 9255 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2023, 08:53:04 PM »
Wow, that was very well said and civil.

Guess I'll just PM people then instead of posting here as I don't want anybody to think that I'm selling some other game. I was just sharing my experiences as I know there many here that play IL2.

I for one am done paying close to $200 a year until something changes with the mods. Something fishy is going on if I and others are getting muted but HT can't find any record of it.

I'll stop posting anything about IL2 or any other sim in the public forums and just use PMs. I'm sure that won't make you happy but it's the best I can do :)

Brother, ya just happened in right after 3-5 disgruntled former players, with some form of childish vendetta against HT to push the limits with this type stuff, with full intentions. I didn’t tie you to that group. Its just it fell inline with the haters and doomsayers.

In short, some of the things, I’ve done or do, can get into 100s of hours. I just won’t go to that extreme with this being allowed. When it comes down to it, if its permitted it will be done. And that's really where the problem starts. I’ve become very disappointed with the apathy by some key people. I can’t work with that. I won’t work with that.

No hard feelings bro.

Would you even know the mod to know if they're gone? My advice, let it go. Do what makes life fun. Don’t worry about the rest, small beans.

Saddle up, I’d be glad to see you shot me down.

But its not this one post. Go fly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 11:44:13 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2023, 12:51:07 AM »
It's certainly a different environment. Wings of Liberty is a favorite Server of mine, people seem to just get on with the flying and fighting.
I am yet to see any of the typical 200 politics while tooling around in my favorite crap box in the sky, the Hs129.

Went there, first time, and asked a question concerning the rules of that particular server. They say in a very beginning, it's strictly forbidden to attack allied planes and ground units, so I asked who am I then going to attack, when flying Axis. Instead of straight answer, got first several really rude insults. Promised them to stay away.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2023, 02:02:26 AM »
Went there, first time, and asked a question concerning the rules of that particular server. They say in a very beginning, it's strictly forbidden to attack allied planes and ground units, so I asked who am I then going to attack, when flying Axis. Instead of straight answer, got first several really rude insults. Promised them to stay away.

I can see where the wording gets confusing;

That's the only rule; no turning on your allies and the people flying or tanking on your allied side. Shoot your enemy; if you are axis don't shoot axis, you're allied, they are your allies. They will and did crucify you for not understanding you don't shoot people allied to you. There's a good chance they thought you were being facetious.
 :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2023, 02:49:18 AM »
Language in some servers there is really confusing, like "I am engine cannot keep up" and some similar things. I would have expressed that rule with bit different wording. Anyway, I told if this is the way they welcome newcomers in their arena, it clearly shows it's not my place.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2023, 03:43:59 AM »
Language in some servers there is really confusing, like "I am engine cannot keep up" and some similar things. I would have expressed that rule with bit different wording. Anyway, I told if this is the way they welcome newcomers in their arena, it clearly shows it's not my place.

A lot of these servers are run by non-english speaking (natively) people, and inhabited by the same. Sometimes it can be rough to get the true meaning of what is written or being said. The "don't shoot allies" rule is pretty clear, and team-killing is greatly frowned upon. If you said you were new and people were rude, then shame on those people either way. Unlike here, where (IIRC) your bullets striking a friendly do damage to your own plane (still like that?), killing a friendly is easily accomplished, especially on full realism servers without labels. On those servers you need to learn plane shapes/profiles/markings and have a solid ID before pulling the trigger. I can see where, coming from here where your side can fly ANY plane from any country and there are neon billboards above them, you don't think in "Axis vs Allies" mode.
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2023, 05:30:39 AM »
A lot of these servers are run by non-english speaking (natively) people, and inhabited by the same. Sometimes it can be rough to get the true meaning of what is written or being said. The "don't shoot allies" rule is pretty clear, and team-killing is greatly frowned upon. If you said you were new and people were rude, then shame on those people either way. Unlike here, where (IIRC) your bullets striking a friendly do damage to your own plane (still like that?), killing a friendly is easily accomplished, especially on full realism servers without labels. On those servers you need to learn plane shapes/profiles/markings and have a solid ID before pulling the trigger. I can see where, coming from here where your side can fly ANY plane from any country and there are neon billboards above them, you don't think in "Axis vs Allies" mode.

I have noticed there some language-related confusions. Servers I so far have been they've been just laughed out and corrected. IMO as a non-native, there is a difference between "it's forbidden to shoot allies" vs. "it's forbidden to shoot allied". Anyway, no big deal but showed some non-desirable characters.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2023, 10:39:59 AM »
ARMA 3 is great.  Land, Air and Sea.  It's got all of it and more bad guys than you can shake a stick at.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2023, 11:08:30 AM »
ARMA 3 is great.  Land, Air and Sea.  It's got all of it and more bad guys than you can shake a stick at.  :aok

I have it but am totally lost in the UI, can't ever get to servers I want, stuck in DLC hell.. I still play ARMA2 online !  :D
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2023, 11:23:44 AM »
I have it but am totally lost in the UI, can't ever get to servers I want, stuck in DLC hell.. I still play ARMA2 online !  :D
We have a dedicated server we run.  Friends are always welcome. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »
S  bah. A  I was gonna post about some stuff here but I said I wouldn't. L  I just deleted what I was gonna post lol. E

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2023, 10:53:14 AM »
S  bah. A  I was gonna post about some stuff here but I said I wouldn't. L  I just deleted what I was gonna post lol. E

I was going to reply to that post, but as my post became unneeded, I sold it on the market place.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »
I put a coded message in my post. Guess you lost your secret decoder ring. Better go by another box of Capn Crunch.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2023, 03:20:28 PM »
Is it because of your coded message or what, but the sales are on again. Same prices as in earlier one.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2023, 06:11:32 PM »
Ii have been playing around with the Tank Crew sim. It's fun and guest at my house like to just sit in the tanks and shoot. Recommend it for 22 dollars

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2024, 05:18:55 PM »

I decided to give Wings of Liberty server second chance. Logged in, took Bf109G4 and took off to direction of frontline. After a while, someone called all to come strafing as enemy was retreating. As he didn't mention the location, I asked it, in country ch. Got two sardonic replies in Slavic languages (I speak Bulgarian enough to understand) and after it, silence.

Full of morons, that server, IMHO. Newcomers clearly not welcome. On the other hand, at Advance And Secure Planes And Tanks I have found really nice small community. EU Official 1CGS Server Planes and Tanks is also ok and good for beginners, as it has icons and external views.