Author Topic: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: IL2 sale any good? Dunno what the "normal" prices are
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2023, 08:32:07 AM »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2023, 08:43:16 AM »
Pull the plug on the bbs fir a week. It causes more damage than anything in the game itself.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2023, 09:26:42 AM »

I never could get into IL2.  Don't know why really.  It has it's charms.  I guess I just don't like russian stuff.

They have their own problems.  They've lost the person who was the driving vision (i.e. Jason Williams moving on to start Combat Pilot.)

How to Kill a Game:

1.  Lack of meaningful new development.
2.  Lack of communication with the player-base and a believable roadmap going forward.
3.  Loss of momentum.
4.  Allowing to the player-base to begin to suspect the game has no future thus being a poor investment of time and money. 

I wish AH had a passable single-player layer.  I know no one here would be interested that but it is the fishing lure that hooks many players into the franchise and some of them will eventually try MP, but in the meantime it is at least revenue to fund development.  DCS and IL2 would be out of business except for their single-player revenue.

Jason Williams stated that Combat Pilot will start with a base single-player design to build revenue and a player-base, then leverage that foundation to build the MP layer.  No money, no development.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2023, 11:14:51 AM »
The Pigs On The Wing highly recommend a visit to our ARMA 3 server.  All friends are welcome!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2023, 11:40:30 AM »
Yall deserve what's coming. and I hope it hits hard. Never seen such stupid in my life.

If I owned the game and read this,.. I would trash any update I might be working on.

You get what you ask for.

I don't ever want to read your fake concerns again.  Now, go shoot your drones, because that's damn exciting.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2023, 11:46:29 AM »
Yall deserve what's coming. and I hope it hits hard. Never seen such stupid in my life.

If I owned the game and read this,.. I would trash any update I might be working on.

You get what you ask for.

I don't ever want to read your fake concerns again.  Now, go shoot your drones, because that's damn exciting.
AH has drones now?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2023, 11:49:58 AM »
AH has drones now?

obviously you have 2 brain cells left, and they're playing catch with a ball, and one keeps dropping it.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2023, 11:55:56 AM »

Yall deserve what's coming.

Just by curiosity, what is on its way?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2023, 11:58:02 AM »
obviously you have 2 brain cells left, and they're playing catch with a ball, and one keeps dropping it.
Thank you for the compliment.  Who is playing catch?  And who has butterfingers?  Your help is appreciated!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Just by curiosity, what is on its way?
You have made me curious too lol.  :aok

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2023, 12:10:41 PM »
You have made me curious too lol.  :aok

I can translate. Animl has trouble contemplating two conflicting ideas that can both be true. He thinks talking about IL2 will end the player base for AH. Because of this he would also “trash any development if he were the owner” because that’s a healthy adult response.

Nevermind the actual data we have all seen that player decline has slowed to a steady floor. When I came back a year ago there were 119 people in the MA on my fist night back… I think may have been a mid week day.

Also, they aren’t even the same game in my opinion. The warfare aspect of taking territory on a WWII map and item set will always be the secret sauce of AH. For me personally, I do not understand why people pay for planes and more money for maps etc… I get the money may even out or even be less than AH but you get all you want. Is true for me anyway.

In his defense however, the OP should have put this in the O’Club sub.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 12:13:51 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2023, 12:51:07 PM »
I can translate. Animl has trouble contemplating two conflicting ideas that can both be true. He thinks talking about IL2 will end the player base for AH. Because of this he would also “trash any development if he were the owner” because that’s a healthy adult response.

You were expecting an healthy adult response from Animl?   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Nevermind the actual data we have all seen that player decline has slowed to a steady floor. When I came back a year ago there were 119 people in the MA on my fist night back… I think may have been a mid week day.

Last time I had come back in late 2018, normal Melee numbers hovered around 186.  Sometimes in the 200's if it coincided with a FSO or Event.  Nowadays it is around 120.  Sometimes higher on a FSO night or in dead of winter.  You have to throw out 2020 data.  Pandemic completely skewed numbers and distorted the data.  I suspect if you had a chart from say 2012 to now, the rate of loss would have been much higher YoY between 2013 and 2018 as from 2018 to now.  You are down to the lifers.  They are going to slowly evaporate due to demographics but seldom by choice.  The real risk isn't current players being lured away, but at the apparent inability to attract any new player to replace old ones.  No, I don't mean an old player returning for the fifth time (each time shorter than the last) with a new shade.  I mean brand new young players who found the game and are signing up and going to bring excitement and new blood into the game and break up some of the ossification that has set in. 

Also, they aren’t even the same game in my opinion. The warfare aspect of taking territory on a WWII map and item set will always be the secret sauce of AH. For me personally, I do not understand why people pay for planes and more money for maps etc… I get the money may even out or even be less than AH but you get all you want. Is true for me anyway.

I mostly agree.  I had several people contact me in PM about the viability of DCS for WWII.  I say the same thing in private I do in public (you might try that Animl).  If you are looking to satisfy a WWII itch like AH, DCS will not do that for you.  It is a totally different kind of game and WWII is not their focus.  It is not, at this time, a direct competitor to AH.  Although I always encourage anyone to try their helo.  Helo's are a blast if you like flightsiming.  There is no overlap there with AH.  You can still play AH and add helo's to add some spice.  That's what some here do.

IL2 is a closer competitor, but I don't know enough about it to gauge the level.  And they seem to be slipping towards abandonware.

Combat Pilot is interesting to contemplate, but too far off to be considered a meaningful risk.

Agreed.  This would have been better to be in O'club.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2023, 12:58:21 PM »

I concur the two games, hell DCS as well are completely different. There never has been anything remotely like AH in my 25 plus years of gaming experience. It is sad to see it reduced from its glory days but I hope and pray a miracle will kick it back into a growth  cycle.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2023, 01:03:22 PM »
I don’t feel AH has any direct competitors at the moment if we are comparing apples to apples. If we are talking about apples to wrenches then AH doesn’t have the extras.

I’ve said it many times that the biggest issue for us to attract new people is our continuing distance from WWII. In addition, the world is not the world of 25 years ago and the focus on WWII is dwindling in most US school districts. Not sure about other countries on the world where it may have hit closer to home much longer.

Nothing in the universe lasts forever in its original form. We are all just stardust.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2023, 03:46:51 PM »
Ya, My bad. I should have posted in O club but I always post here and did it out of habit.

I shall commit seppuku  tomorrow, or the next day depending on the weather.