Author Topic: Tab and something buttons to track planes  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Tab and something buttons to track planes
« on: December 04, 2023, 08:46:05 AM »
I have been watching some YouTube videos of the ah "experts" dueling and noticed that they used the setting that puts a box around the icon of the plane they are fighting..

I can't tell by the videos if it actually tracks the target or what it does..

Is there a tracking setting in AH?

If so does it work in vr?

Does anyone else use it dogfighting?

Thanks

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Tab and something buttons to track planes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 09:01:01 AM »
I use it. It highlights the icon so you can stay on the same target. Thats the way I see its use. Could be more to it.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 09:16:14 AM »
I have been watching some YouTube videos of the ah "experts" dueling and noticed that they used the setting that puts a box around the icon of the plane they are fighting..

I can't tell by the videos if it actually tracks the target or what it does..

Is there a tracking setting in AH?

If so does it work in vr?

Does anyone else use it dogfighting?

Thanks

Eagler

Good marker in furball and it’s a bit of a low key cheat because you can see the box through clouds but not the plane or icon.

Also for when you are in the buff guns it tells the other guns to shoot at your target.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 09:22:17 AM »
What are the keys used?

Does it pull your view around as it tracks the plane?

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 09:26:26 AM »
I've accidentally turned it on before where it tracks the highlighted plane and moves your views to keep it in view.

No idea what the command is.  Probably tab+ something.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 02:36:23 PM »
Look at the target directly and just hit tab. A red box appears around the icon. In fighters I use it if some one calls out a good player.
Also in gunners you tab lock them for all guns to fire on the highlighted box

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 02:48:42 PM »
Also in gunners you tab lock them for all guns to fire on the highlighted box

Also for when you are in the buff guns it tells the other guns to shoot at your target.

Wait....what?!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 02:56:48 PM »

All guns always fire at D500 convergence with the gun you are currently manning. If your target has the box marker or not makes no difference.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 02:59:42 PM »

All guns always fire at D500 convergence with the gun you are currently manning. If your target has the box marker or not makes no difference.

Ok thanks I have heard others say this I wasn’t quite sure.

I've accidentally turned it on before where it tracks the highlighted plane and moves your views to keep it in view.

No idea what the command is.  Probably tab+ something.

I think this was removed long ago because I also feel like I remember it???
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 02:06:00 AM »
Good marker in furball and it’s a bit of a low key cheat because you can see the box through clouds but not the plane or icon.

During this subscription I've noticed it doesn't seem to work in clouds anymore if you look away, but you can re-acquire if close enough.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 03:44:01 AM »
https://www.hitechcreations.com/features/padlock#:~:text=You%20should%20see%20the%20padlock%20view%20associated%20with,to%20cycle%20through%20the%20targets%20in%20your%20view.

Here’s some information.

Thx, have to print that out and try it. Sounds like this is a new way to crash on trees at low level deacker hunt...    :joystick:  ...   :D

I thought I've read all important contents in pages, but looks like I haven't. Lazy me.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 10:32:41 AM »
Tried it offline and takes some time to learn/get used. Was flying in totally weird positions and developed brand new aerobatic movements, when view followed con and horizon was not visible.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2023, 07:48:50 AM »
Tried it offline and takes some time to learn/get used. Was flying in totally weird positions and developed brand new aerobatic movements, when view followed con and horizon was not visible.

Was that in vr?

Noticed if under flight in settings if you enable aim assist a box will form around the closet plane in your view..which is a help as you don't need to read the distance of numerous icons..and the box shows through all clouds but the most dense..

Your view us not pulled around with the plane as a tracking view would...at least in vr it doesn't

All of this is used by those posting films on yt declaring their greatness...

Eagler