Author Topic: What are your reading/watching/listening suggestions?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: What are your reading/watching/listening suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2024, 10:06:35 PM »
These are the last two audio books I have finished.

“Accessory To War” by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It’s a timeline of the ancient history of human warfare and how it relied on the stars to survive.  This is an amazing book but it’s super long. 18+ hours read by NDT. I am certain anyone in this BBS will find it as fascinating as I did. If you own a telescope this is for you.
https://www.audible.com/pd/B07DHRQFQ2?source_code=ASSORAP0511160006&share_location=library_overflow

“Dr. Katz: The Audiobook. This is the other…not much to say other than if you liked the Dr. Katz cartoon you’re in for a real treat!
  https://www.audible.com/pd/B07FM7SY4Q?source_code=ASSORAP0511160006&share_location=library_overflow
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 10:11:54 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2024, 11:30:37 AM »
Enemy at the Gate is one of my favorites, if you haven't read it it's about sniper warfare during the siege of Stalingrad.
 Fact based and very well written.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 11:33:04 AM by aztec »

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2024, 06:21:35 PM »
Mostly politics and Religion, reluctant to say which in fear of lock down. :bolt:

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 07:10:44 PM »
https://www.vintagewings.ca/blog-page
Lots of great stories here
TCH in-game

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 08:38:27 PM »
Just finished listening to Ian W Toll's "The Pacific War Trilogy." 86 hours of engrossing and riveting stories from all aspects of the Pacific theater. So much stuff I'd never heard before. Very good.

Currently re-reading "Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga" by Hunter S. Thompson. Absolutely laughing my derriere off allover again.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2024, 02:32:42 PM »
For movies: Definitely NOT 'Napoleon'  :furious

Geesh the trailers look phenomenal!

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2024, 10:20:37 PM »
Ever been curious about quantum theory, but you do not have a science background?

He explains the phenomena really well.  Einstein did not understand it or maybe he just did not want to accept it. Black holes, homing pigeons circling overhead after release, chemical :salute reactions starting before heat is applied, time dilation from  strong gravity are just a few things that can only be explained with quantum theory.

Around 15 dollars any book store or Amazon.

Good reading.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2024, 10:40:18 PM »
Ever been curious about quantum theory, but you do not have a science background?

He explains the phenomena really well.  Einstein did not understand it or maybe he just did not want to accept it. Black holes, homing pigeons circling overhead after release, chemical :salute reactions starting before heat is applied, time dilation from  strong gravity are just a few things that can only be explained with quantum theory.

Around 15 dollars any book store or Amazon.

Good reading.

:salute

Thanks, Mano. I just added it to my Amazon shopping list. I also added a jar of assorted muons, Leptons and Bosons.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2024, 07:11:06 PM »

Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen