Author Topic: What's the consensus on Win 11?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: What's the consensus on Win 11?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 11:36:25 AM »
I finally upgraded to 11 last month and agree with you Morf...it's quick to boot up and the transition from 10 was pretty painless. Edge still sucks but that's to be expected.  :devil

Got personal problem with Edge? LOL well that's personal and your choice. I love what Microsoft gave us to use instead of internet Explorer and I have used it and it alone for A few years now except for a small handful of times I use Chrome. And it's my default browser for any and everything I am using the web for! That dang thine Synchs between my laptop, desktop and my Samsung Galaxy cell phone too!

IMO if you use Edge, IE or Chrome its up to you and its like who you want to have for a woman too! lol please ecuse the poor relation I'm using for this too! lol  :rock :bolt:

God gave us the right to have our opinions and we best not forget to use them too!!!

<S>
Morph.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 03:08:46 PM »
Hi All,

I thought about swapping over to Win 11 & had my box all set up to do so but then decided that it wasn't that important for me to go thru with it so will stay w\ Win 10 until forced to switch to Win11.
Well........the other day while checking all other devices on my LAN for operations after switching over from ancient ADSL broadband service (CenturyLink is shutting down it's ADSL DSLAM due to unserviceable\unreplaceable ADSL equipment on their end.......which left me high & dry in my neighborhood) to 1200 Mbps broadband service thru Comcast\Xfinity (cable service been in my neighborhood for 40+ yrs.....overhead to my house was so old that it had decayed & broken at the hub so Xfinity tech ran a new overhead using the latest RG6U 18 awg cable that can carry this speed.......tested & getting 1000 Mbps of the 1200 Mbps) I noticed that the wife's box has already upgraded to Win 11 OS (I set hers up to auto upgrade itself after upgrading her box to run all AMD stuff as my box except her box is using an AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G APU on a MSI Pro B550M-VC WiFi mobo to get all fully Win 11 compatible as I did when I made my final upgrade to my box earlier) & all was looking to be operating very well...........so I took the plunge myself 2 days ago.........and all went very well indeed w\ nothing going haywire at all.

All my older apps & programs operate w\o issue using their older Win 10 drivers & MS has also relented & left the ability to revert all back to the desktop Win 10 look\feel but is fully Win 11 OS underneath.

Having to get used to navigating thru the new Control Panel look\operations but this is no biggie.............otherwise this has been 1 of the easiest MS OS transitions I've experienced yet.............thus it may have paid off to hold off & waited this out as long as I did but it appears that the later AMD Zen 3 AM4 & up stuff is working very seamlessly w\ Win 10 & up OS's......from my experiences that is.

Won't be in no hurry to upgrade to Win 12.............I'll use the wife's box as the guinea pig.

:D

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 03:19:48 PM »
I have to figure out how to revert it back cause that thing where you have to press shift to right-click and get the normal menu is annoying.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2023, 01:40:29 AM »
I have to figure out how to revert it back cause that thing where you have to press shift to right-click and get the normal menu is annoying.
You can also choose "Show more options" from the first menu but I guess you'd like to do this instead: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-old-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-11/a62e797c-eaf3-411b-aeec-e460e6e5a82a
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women