Author Topic: B29 Doc Extended Maintenance  (Read 230 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
B29 Doc Extended Maintenance
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:53:38 PM »
Possible bummer for those of you expecting to see Doc at early air shows this year. I wonder how much longer they can keep that beast airworthy.

https://vintageaviationnews.com/warbirds-news/b-29-doc-extends-annual-maintenance-block-and-delays-tour-season.html
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Re: B29 Doc Extended Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 04:46:04 PM »
I am thankful for the people that provide the dollars to keep precious old airplanes like this in airworthy condition.

What amazes me most is the effort that goes into keeping four Wright R-3350's running. My father flew Super Constellations when I was a child and I clearly remember that they weren't the most reliable back then.... when they were new... and when replacement parts were still being made.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: B29 Doc Extended Maintenance
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 10:28:48 AM »
36 spark plugs……and 3 prt per engine on the super constellations.