Author Topic: Landing kills/damages over enemy territory.  (Read 412 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Landing kills/damages over enemy territory.
« on: November 11, 2023, 11:07:39 AM »
I'd like to ask little bit about phenomenon mentioned in the title. Seen it several times and been wondering, if it is a bug or a trick. I put my money on second one, as it seems to happen to certain pilots. I won't mention any names not to create neverending (before lock) jabbababba and tit for tat.

As we all perhaps know, landing should be precisely on the runway to get your kills and/or damage landed. GVs are different story, I'm talking about kites. And no, I have neither films nor screenshots but some other pilots have been wondering these things together with me when they have occurred. Next time it happens, I try to make a screenshot.

I give you couple of examples:

1) I made a long high altitude strat run with B24s and when I turned back, P47 caught up. It was stalking me all the way, making several unsuccessful attacks. Home base was already visible and I was descending for landing, when P47 made one more attempt from high 6. I managed to give it a proper burst with tail guns and it disintegrated. In a second, the falling wreck just vanished and pilot was credited two GasTeddy kills, even all my kites were unscathed. I didn't get a kill but landed normally and was credited damages I made.

2) This is something I have faced several times: I catch up a bomber, which had just dropped its load deep in our territory.  I (surprisingly) manage to kill all kites without being blown myself to smithereens. Falling bombers just vanish in midair and pilot lands damages he had created with his bomb run.

Has happened couple of times also with fighters; I make a miracle by shooting down another fighter and when it falls, its pilot is credited his earlier kills.

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Landing kills/damages over enemy territory.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 04:15:17 AM »
Based on lively discussion and numerous opinions here, I must consider landing kills by bailing or pulling the plug being just normal. Perhaps like in certain systems, where equality is universe except for those who are bit more equal than the others.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 10:22:23 PM »
Based on lively discussion and numerous opinions here,

Maybe people are still trying to figure out what your post had to do with the Achievement System  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 03:06:28 AM »
I thought landed kills and damages are part of the achievement system. Sorry if I was wrong.
The Mad   CatMan!