Author Topic: Axis vs. Allied Superweapons  (Read 1567 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: Axis vs. Allied Superweapons
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2023, 02:11:23 PM »
Axis planes flew the highest altitude missions of WW2.
Also shot down from the highest altitudes.

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2023, 06:56:34 PM »
This cracked me up!  :rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

Bottom lower left is a V-3 (Vengence Weapon 3) a.k.a Fleißiges Liesche
Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2023, 11:06:19 AM »

Don't drink the Kool-Aid bud. Just because they signed the document doesn't make it fact.

IN COMING WEHRABOO!!!!!!

(Insert myth about the Wehrmacht being completely innocent but also the best fighting force on the planet even tho they lost because Hitler was just stupid)  :rofl

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2023, 04:53:44 PM »
IN COMING WEHRABOO!!!!!!

(Insert myth about the Wehrmacht being completely innocent but also the best fighting force on the planet even tho they lost because Hitler was just stupid)  :rofl

If you will notice, I was responding to him saying "starting two world wars." They did not start the first war even though Article 231 of the treaty said they did. That is what I was referring to, not anything about the second war.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2023, 09:21:57 PM »
No doubt, a country the size of the state of Texas trying to fight the whole world.

Little doubt that there were Germans that did not want war but when a significant percentage of a population ties its future to a pathological narcissist bent on retribution... well, enough said.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2023, 07:53:59 AM »
It helped they had at least two of thier top two leaders higher than a kite making the most incorrect decisions that they could..hitler and goring

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2023, 07:57:55 AM »
Little doubt that there were Germans that did not want war but when a significant percentage of a population ties its future to a pathological narcissist bent on retribution... well, enough said.
And history could be repeating itself on the other side of the Atlantic come November.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2023, 08:01:03 AM »
And history could be repeating itself on the other side of the Atlantic come November.

Some of us can hope but no one will permit that from happening...the Indian fellow will never win for the same reason..he's not part of the uniparty club either..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2023, 12:28:54 PM »

Germany is quite a bit smaller than Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2024, 02:58:31 AM »
Is it worth pointing out that a derivative of the german V-2 rocket is being used by Russia in the Ukraine war (North Korean made scuds).

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2024, 07:09:46 AM »
Considering all rocket and missile technology started with the V2, that goes without saying

Eagler

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2024, 11:35:21 AM »
It helped they had at least two of thier top two leaders higher than a kite making the most incorrect decisions that they could..hitler and goring

Eagler
True. Goring was hated by the Luftwaffe pilots. They referred to him as: "the fat one"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2024, 04:04:02 PM »
Considering all rocket and missile technology started with the V2, that goes without saying

Eagler

Well tbh I think the first Scud was a V2 (copy).

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2024, 02:41:15 AM »
If I remember correctly, Adolf's last words were "I'll be back..."