Author Topic: 6 returning players.  (Read 630 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
6 returning players.
« on: December 29, 2023, 04:25:10 PM »
Reading AH fb pages and here, in one week 6 have mentioned returning. Just fyi. Seems we have a small acceleration.

Prepare for number trolls
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: 6 returning players.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 09:19:12 PM »
152 tonight.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 07:12:18 AM »
I left back in April, then came back the last few weeks. The fights are overall better and there is more action.

Thursday was the best action I've personally had since I left in the mid 2010s. Constant all day from 2PM Eastern to 11PM Eastern. Just wish the bases in tank town were non capture but that's part of the game of course.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 10:16:33 AM »
To be honest, when I left in 2010, I saw 500 in an arena was just too much. It was more lime fishing in a barrel where no real skill required to get kills. It was a different game-play, to me. If ya didn’t have skills before that, it was much harder to develop them, because ya just didn’t last long in the air. I think that alone discouraged players from staying. It wasn’t an arcade game, but a lot of arcade players, due to steam. I didn’t like it as much. Not the same sim crowd. Ya had a lot of players, but not the same that got deep into history or acm. I think a lot of that crowd was good for HTC, but a false positive for the sim play. This was just my POV at the time. IMO it became too gamey. It was just another game on a list to play.

I also didn’t care for ToD concept. I think it was a mistake that put other bigger updates behind. Hence AH3 came too late. I think the game is correcting itself, because dedicated players kept it alive long enough fir that to happen. I could have some things wrong, but thats how I saw it. I think the sim is rebuilding serious players who just love the full MP concept. Those are who we want. Simmers and gamers are two different mindsets. Gamers are not dedicated to stay for years. One thing they don’t like and they move on to another game. IMO, big numbers, just not the right numbers.

I think the game went through a weeding process. I think what we have now are players interested in this sim alone. This takes time to reset snd regrow. If it can sustain time zI think the payoff will be rewarding. Give time, time to work.

I pi**ed off a lot of people trying to turn this ship around, and I knew it was coming, it was expected. However, using tough love and shaming ppl from polluting the bbs and 200 is actually starting to pay off. Hate me to death, I’ll take it. If it points things in the right direction, then hate me, its worth it. I made myself a sacrificial lamb, took one for the team. I certainly not alone on that. It took everyone to do it. No one person could do it. So kudos to those who got onboard.

I think the sim coming out the other side of the grinder will make a better game with serious players, the rebirth of sim game-play.

We only have a few left here trying their hardest to troll and discourage players from AH hoping to skim returning and new players and steer them to their new game decision. If those sims were so great they would not be here coaching highly skilled players with to liven up their game that has dropping numbers. We are No longer dropping numbers, they are rebuilding. Because all that glitters is not gold. MP is what made sims so popular and fun, which is where those with dropping numbers lack. Ya can’t just do it with pretty graphics that pass so much data MP is harder to do without everyone investing in super computers.

All that drivel said, here’s some tough love that will anger more at me. HT, I know life and burnout can be discouraging. However, in my past I did a lot of things for both AW and AH. Every one of those accomplishments happened during the most horrific times in my personal life, very harsh, way over the top and just way too much for ANYONE to handle. Some would not have survived it. It kept my mind off of it. It was healthy for myself, it limited dwelling and illusions. It was great therapy.

Everyone handles hardships differently. Whatever works for them is what should be done. Health and kids is priority. But I suggest jumping back in could be healthy for you. Accomplishment and redeeming one’s self is very powerful to the soul. If I can do it anyone can do it. Ya won’t know this unless ya throw your hat back in the ring. The rewards of love and admiration from the community would be very self rewarding.

Before the operation Dale and I spent hours on end on the phone, days in a row, just talking, almost none had to do with AH, just exchanging war stories of personal life. I liked he humanized himself to me. However, my story is very hard to listen to and misunderstand my take on the ending, it made him step back a little. Too heavy. Point being, no matter what you’re going through, somewhere someone has it worse. Not meant to minimize, Somewhere some kid is born with no limbs and happy to be alive. And that was the point of telling my story. Everyone decides whats best for them, it may be different from my own. But, my brother, we’ve been doing this a long time (your own words), we can do this. We have an army more than willing to help. Its your decision on whats best for you. I just think it would be very gratifying. I think those you lost would approve.  Look what we are drawing back, quality players. We are the same age, lets go out on a high note. Everyone around you will smile with you. No matter what you choose, I wish the best for ya and speedy recovery.

Dale took a boat load of ridicule from players during the worst days of his life. Giving the illusion of being hated by everyone, esteem crushing. its no wonder he would avoid the bbs. Luckily, he got to hear/read how much real grounded ppl care.

So there,  right or wrong, I said it out loud, with good intensions. I’m sure it POs some off. But in life, our kids have been angry at us for doing the right thing. Life can be tough, just do the right thing anyway.

Wisdom is born from surviving hardships.

Stay smart, stay safe, be well.
God (whatever you perceive him to be) bless AH as an outlet for some, giving them an escape from hardships of RL. It serves more than one purpose. I’m here with you. For all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, its still a beautiful world. Strive to be happy.

No other sim has a community like this. These are 15-30yr relationships, take care of each other. Avoid vexations.

Peace

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 10:49:57 AM »
Everyone handles hardships differently. Whatever works for them is what should be done. Health and kids is priority. But I suggest jumping back in could be healthy for you. Accomplishment and redeeming one’s self is very powerful to the soul. If I can do it anyone can do it. Ya won’t know this unless ya throw your hat back in the ring. The rewards of love and admiration from the community would be very self rewarding.

Stay smart, stay safe, be well.
God (whatever you perceive him to be) bless AH as an outlet for some, giving them an escape from hardships of RL. It serves more than one purpose. I’m here with you. For all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams, its still a beautiful world. Strive to be happy.

Thanks for your lines.... very refreshing and mature... :salute

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2023, 08:44:38 PM »
I’ll say this, kinda strange who I am when I am not forced in a corner to be a mirror?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:38:06 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 12:16:16 PM »
Not going to argue, but Tour of Duty was an awesome concept, with a great deal of immersion, something many were definitely wanting. I worked on the testing. As it was going to run concurrently, it would have been a great addition, and I'm really sad it didn't come to fruition.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 04:07:19 PM »
Not going to argue, but Tour of Duty was an awesome concept, with a great deal of immersion, something many were definitely wanting. I worked on the testing. As it was going to run concurrently, it would have been a great addition, and I'm really sad it didn't come to fruition.

I think I left during it being tested. Probably didn’t kniw enough about it, I was fading. I was still paying, but didn’t fly much as I was writing XP Game Launcher at the time, a final update. Faster PCs came out, no linger needed. But then the house got struck by lightning and my gaming rig got toasted. 14 yrs later here I am. It is what it is.

Curious, why it didn’t happen. I may have liked it once in it.

So, I’m half baked on what it became. I can’t even put a finger on why I questioned it. My bones had doubts, and prolly poorly worded. If it didn’t happen, then it was wasted work, unfortunately, it happens. Point being, they maybe would have retained mire players if 3 came out earlier. A lot of this stuff is a gamble, they can go many directions.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 11:40:16 AM »
70 online at 9 PM PST on Wednesday January 3rd, 2024. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 12:45:28 PM »
70 online at 9 PM PST on Wednesday January 3rd, 2024. :aok

Currently, peak “Prime Time” in AH starts about 7p Central Time (daylight saving time applies) and goes to about 9:30-10p CST. So 9p PST is 11p CST, it slower by then. Recently, I’ve popped in around 6p CST and have seen 100.

Also, I think a map reset may have happened. If a reset hits around 9p cst, some will log for bed, probably depending on time zone.

My thoughts are the more the numbers rise the earlier prime time will start.

These are all just predictions topped with wishful thinking. There are no blanket answers.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 02:39:58 PM »
There's also some interest in the scenario based on the responses I've seen on that other sims forums. Maybe they will have enough fun to add some more to the MA.