Author Topic: Get rid of in-flight kill announcements  (Read 1807 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Get rid of in-flight kill announcements
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2024, 11:55:13 AM »

The first one, the kill message, makes it very easy to see where an enemy player is and makes it easy to hunt them down if that is your plan. Removing those messages would go a long way to avoiding some of the aggravation some players having been harassed in the game. Removing this message would clear up that issue a bit.
First of all-What's up Fugi!  Second, this sounds more like a player problem and less like a game mechanics problem.  Unfortunately we have a shrinking population that tends to enhance the problem as it is more readily apparent when someone is being a dork.  The other thing that makes this worse is Hitech welcoming back players that behave this way.  It saddens me brother!  OINK
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2024, 12:25:13 PM »
It should be optional or able to be tailored. I like to see kill messages. Like if a fellow rook is on a run in something they may not be able to land it. It’s nice to see it as it’s happening so you can cheer them on or help out.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2024, 06:28:55 PM »
The kill messages are fine, IMHO.  I've always thought that it was a mistake to announce that "So-and-so landed two kills in a Spitfire 16," (choose the player and plane you like).  I think it promotes the wrong kind of game play.

BUT:  After 20+ years, I've learned to live with it.

- oldman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2024, 06:30:28 PM »
The kill messages are fine, IMHO.  I've always thought that it was a mistake to announce that "So-and-so landed two kills in a Spitfire 16," (choose the player and plane you like).  I think it promotes the wrong kind of game play.

BUT:  After 20+ years, I've learned to live with it.

- oldman
we are supposed to land?  :headscratch:  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!