Author Topic: Stall Limiter!!! Ugh!  (Read 490 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Stall Limiter!!! Ugh!
« on: January 23, 2024, 09:56:03 AM »
May only be funny to me, but whata goof.

When I first came back I made “set and >forget<“ settings, and played for 10 mos.
Been struggling to get kills, better yet hit anything moving. Have some stick issues I semi-fixed. Still, HUMILIATION!

Few days ago I was changing a setting and saw Stall Limiter is still on,…<blank stare>

SO, I very calmly walk into the bathroom, look in the mirror, and say “you IDIOT!”. Calmly walk back and start flying, completely different. I can actually hit a flying barn now, as long as it stops and poses..

That is all
I’m repeatedly jabbing myself in the eye with a pen right now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 09:58:02 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stall Limiter!!! Ugh!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 11:27:14 AM »
Yep that makes more than a slight difference lol

Glad you caught it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 11:51:24 AM »
 :rofl

It's like taking the training wheels off. I'm curious how many people don't even know about it still. It's probably why it seems like everyone is outurning them.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 12:12:15 PM »
Mind you, it is possible to pull insane maneuvers in a D11 with it on, including sliding it sideways yet in perfect control.  :joystick:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 12:18:48 PM »
:rofl

It's like taking the training wheels off. I'm curious how many people don't even know about it still. It's probably why it seems like everyone is outurning them.

No kidding.
As soon as the target sees me lining up, a quick jerk and they are out of my stream. And vise-versa when I’m the target.

Still adjusting to the difference. But last few nights I get a lot of assist (shooting .50 cal) and a few more kills. Last week, not sure I got a single kill. Between stick issues and SL is like an embarrassing shock collar on.

This was the difference between Relaxed Realism and Full Realism arenas in AW. If everyone is set the same, no biggy, if not ya get a lot of new planes.

I will still suck, just not quite as bad.:)

-the village idiot

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 12:31:42 PM »
Mind you, it is possible to pull insane maneuvers in a D11 with it on, including sliding it sideways yet in perfect control.  :joystick:

It prolly does have some good uses, just not the way I fly a 51D or A5.
Back in band camp, I used to be able to kick my 6 around like a dirt bike. Bending physics. I blamed my 16 yr old x52 when I could no longer fly like that.

I should know better, teach my new guys all the time. Whenever troubleshooting don’t think its always the deep hard stuff, many times it sits right in front of your face. Usually a cable.
“wtfg hotshot” <bows head in shame>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 12:36:35 PM »
I have a special stall limiter which is almost non-controllable. It goes on and off by itself.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 01:56:20 PM »
I have a special stall limiter which is almost non-controllable. It goes on and off by itself.

That's not a stall limiter, that's eternal stall.

Thought maybe you'd be referring to a significant other. Oh,... wait...
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 03:01:49 PM »
As has been said already, stall limiter is like training wheels.  When I first started, I needed the training wheels.  Once I turned stall limiter off, it took me about half a day to stop crashing and get used to the increased maneuverability. 

As a reminder, stall limiter does not change the flight characteristics of the plane, it only limits how far you can deflect the controls.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 05:33:09 PM »
I can see how it helps new folks so they aren't snapstalling across the map..

But man, the amount of lead shots that you miss out on...

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 07:28:25 PM »
I still fly using a Mouse and Keyboard with no joystick. I leave it off all the time serves me no use other than making me an easy target when I forget to turn it off when I came back to the game lol  :rofl

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 01:27:53 AM »
That's not a stall limiter, that's eternal stall.

It is exactly a limiter. When locked TWFO  and stick jammed to center, it's pretty hard to stall even w/ my skills, which are able to stall a tank.