Author Topic: Anyone use SmoothTrack with AH?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Anyone use SmoothTrack with AH?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 11:21:10 PM »
You can adjust the sensitivities in the app.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2024, 12:09:03 AM »
When I first started using trackir, back when the earth was still cooling. I decided to give up using the hat for views all together. (I think that is one of the reasons I couldn't come to terms with vr. Using the hat in vr just ruined the immersion for me, and would often times cause me to lose sight of my target.) Granted it was the original Rift which had a field of view like the old Sea Hunt scuba masks. As the vr HMD's mature I will eventually return to vr, but not until it's much closer to real world fov. 

The trick to using trackir, or something similar is to get the profile dialed in to what works for you on your monitor. I still from time to time make small adjustment to my tir profile because I see areas where making it faster, slower, less, or more movement helps me keep my eye on the target with the least amount of head movement without getting disoriented.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2024, 08:17:55 PM »
I found using the phone may not be the best. Mine heats up to unhealthy temps for anything computer. That kind of heat can prematurely wear out chips. and some circuits. I would try an exterior cam next, if it's possible. Too busy or lazy to look into it.

I got my views back, unpredictable how long that will last. Whatever mystical film got all over it in storage is making buttons stick internally. My last attempt will be to dismantle the whole thing and clean it with electrical contact cleaning spray and re-grease the moving parts. Buying a new stick right now is not perfect timing. We're in the down time of year and hemorrhaging money until the next season hits. Don't want to buy a cheap stick, so I'll milk this until I can't.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2024, 10:56:56 PM »
I found using the phone may not be the best. Mine heats up to unhealthy temps for anything computer. That kind of heat can prematurely wear out chips. and some circuits. I would try an exterior cam next, if it's possible. Too busy or lazy to look into it.

I got my views back, unpredictable how long that will last. Whatever mystical film got all over it in storage is making buttons stick internally. My last attempt will be to dismantle the whole thing and clean it with electrical contact cleaning spray and re-grease the moving parts. Buying a new stick right now is not perfect timing. We're in the down time of year and hemorrhaging money until the next season hits. Don't want to buy a cheap stick, so I'll milk this until I can't.

You can use open track with most webcams without the need for smooth. It all takes adjustments to each individual. On a side note…

You have me blocked for messages lol and I have never sent you one but today I tried to send you this in response to your hotas thread. Anyway…

“ I have a 100% working x52 throttle and a mystery not working x52 stick. Might just be a cable or something easy I don’t know.

Anyway for a few bucks we can make a deal if you need a cheap playground. I haven’t taken either one apart. I am assuming the stick just needs a refurb. 

Anyway hate to see a fellow player hobbled. Lemme know.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 11:16:32 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2024, 06:07:15 PM »
You can use open track with most webcams without the need for smooth. It all takes adjustments to each individual. On a side note…

You have me blocked for messages lol and I have never sent you one but today I tried to send you this in response to your hotas thread. Anyway…

“ I have a 100% working x52 throttle and a mystery not working x52 stick. Might just be a cable or something easy I don’t know.

Anyway for a few bucks we can make a deal if you need a cheap playground. I haven’t taken either one apart. I am assuming the stick just needs a refurb. 

Anyway hate to see a fellow player hobbled. Lemme know.  :cheers:

Well thanks for the thought and offer. I’ll certainly consider it, if I can’t get this back to any norm. Several variables.

It has a lot of hours on it. Over time the spring has relaxed which my guess why center is too loose. As mentioned, every certain kind of plastic where I stored it got a weird sticky coating on it. It took elbow grease and rubbing alcohol it get it iff where I could. It was fine when I stored it.

There is s special electrical contact cleaner we use to clean mixing consoles internally, pots and faders, that won’t melt plastics. A new spring, cleaning and greasing with white grease may do it. But its also s little worn.

This is my only game/sim. Things are weighed between player count and future work load, which is not determined yet. Those two factors tells me new stick or not. Numbers matter to me to justify new gear, which I want. I want my skills back.

Will let you know in a week or two if I take ya up on that offer.

When my private messages got bombed by a dweeb for 10 hrs I cut everyone off, unless they request it. Evidently, I’m a threat to skimmers. Numbers matter to me for more than one reason. They rob from my only game, worthy to own a new stick. When this is over I don’t see anything I want to migrate to. AH had what I needed to move from AW to AH. AW was my only game. I’m not a gamer, I like one specific thing and I have very low tolerance for nonsense. Evidently we have a few over-confident whackos who think they can pass bs on me. <shrug>

Thanks again, I’ll let you know.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP