Author Topic: Voice typing  (Read 517 times)

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Voice typing
« on: January 22, 2024, 09:25:28 AM »
Anyone figure out how to get speech to text to work in the game? I can make windows speech to text to work fine in notepad etc but not in the game. There is the microphone button to activate it, it comes up within the game but I can’t figure out how to do a windows command within the game. This would be a nice addition while in VR
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Re: Voice typing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 04:20:59 PM »
Check out voiceattack

https://voiceattack.com/
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 05:06:35 PM »
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 06:38:58 PM »
Voice Attack is a great program for "key pushes". I have a "return salute" macro, and Im sure you can set up some "canned" responses but for "chatting, I dont think so.

I was wondering if maybe some other voice to text program would work. Google talk or something.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 07:58:38 PM »
Think there was Fugi but don't think it works anymore. I tried to set it up for that, want to say it was with Google sheets, but it came out word salad most of the time. I got tired of trying to edit it and fly so I just put together a bunch of little commands like all the numbers to 40 so I could give posreps in events. Other little things but big vote for voice attack. Great program.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 03:42:28 PM »
Got voice attack up and running and can get windows voice to come on in the game, problem is that windows voice does not recognise the text window in AH therfore you can't input voice texting. Windows voice won't work unless you are within an area to type.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 04:11:48 PM »
I tried to use one of those macro one handed keyboard programmed for a few canned messages to use with vr thinking it might be easier to locate the correct key on the smaller keyboard..

It worked as the steps in the macro would open the text window and type in the recorded can message

I switched over to the vr keyboard and hunt and peck with my headset when I find need to use 200 or throw a .s

That's why my use of 200 is usually very limited in ma or mnm

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 08:37:30 PM »
I tried to use one of those macro one handed keyboard programmed for a few canned messages to use with vr thinking it might be easier to locate the correct key on the smaller keyboard..

It worked as the steps in the macro would open the text window and type in the recorded can message

I switched over to the vr keyboard and hunt and peck with my headset when I find need to use 200 or throw a .s

That's why my use of 200 is usually very limited in ma or mnm

Eagler

Do you use voice attack?  VA is a program where you can run a setup macro of key pushes with a voice command. I have one that I say "calibration and it makes the game press the buttons with pauses to goto the bomb site, hit "U", then hit "Y" holding it for 10 seconds, then hitting "U" again to get out of the calibration mode. Also have a "fast calibration" where it only hold the "Y" key down for 3 seconds. for a quick cal on a turn.

It can be used to run almost any macro you could think of. $10 for unlimited macros.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 01:37:06 PM »

I have one that I say "calibration and it makes the game press the buttons with pauses to goto the bomb site, hit "U", then hit "Y" holding it for 10 seconds, then hitting "U" again to get out of the calibration mode. Also have a "fast calibration" where it only hold the "Y" key down for 3 seconds. for a quick cal on a turn.

:O Interesting... I had never thought about queueing that many commands together but it makes sense.  I'm a definite advocate of VA, can't fly without my "Level flight", "auto climb", etc.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 05:08:41 PM »
Do you use voice attack?  VA is a program where you can run a setup macro of key pushes with a voice command. I have one that I say "calibration and it makes the game press the buttons with pauses to goto the bomb site, hit "U", then hit "Y" holding it for 10 seconds, then hitting "U" again to get out of the calibration mode. Also have a "fast calibration" where it only hold the "Y" key down for 3 seconds. for a quick cal on a turn.

It can be used to run almost any macro you could think of. $10 for unlimited macros.
I've not used VA in AH yet since I can feel all of the keys on the KB and know the combos, but in IL2 it's been a godsend for all the random keybinds like 5 different ones for all of the 'lights' controls. Great little program for sure.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com