Author Topic: Watching MoA :)  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Watching MoA :)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 05:20:06 PM »
Wat is moa?

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 05:45:10 PM »
Minute of Angle? :D
TCH in-game

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 06:09:45 PM »
Nevermind I read the post under this one and drew the conclusion. Lol

I was blonde as a kid.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 02:18:48 AM »
Wat is moa?

This...    :D   No offence, just has to tell The Truth.    :old:
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 08:33:00 AM »
Neat thanks.

I also thought in the first air battle they called 190s but the noses looked liked 109s. They went by super fast so I would have to take another peek.

Ok confirmed this one too. Although as someone pointed out in the reddit sub that this was common for gunners to misidentify planes so mistake perhaps.

Pretty good discussion on Reddit for the first two episodes. Most people like it seemingly. CGI and historical missteps are the biggest complaints. Good read if you’re on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/MastersoftheAir/s/hjiN38b64u
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2024, 08:40:15 AM »
Ok confirmed this one too. Although as someone pointed out in the reddit sub that this was common for gunners to misidentify planes so mistake perhaps.

Pretty good discussion on Reddit for the first two episodes. Most people like it seemingly. CGI and historical missteps are the biggest complaints. Good read if you’re on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/MastersoftheAir/s/hjiN38b64u
They were all 109s but near the end of the battle they called '190s coming back'. I too noticed the Ju 88/110 thing but I agree it was likely done on purpose.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2024, 09:07:54 AM »
There seems to be something off or just different from that narration and the "setting the stage" point of view. Don't know if I am right or wrong on that feel.

It might be intentional too, to set the viewer with the unknown as well instead of the build up.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2024, 10:30:25 AM »
Me thinks, the WWIII flight sim crowd is going to put it under the microscope, and in some cases X-Ray machine. Some will be correct and some have their own history errors.

First impression for me, it doesn’t suck. Which is where I want to be.

The top reason I don’t watch modern action movies is cgi. The best cgi can be detectable. So I try to avoid being hypercritical. All these WWII AC documentaries use it. The more things move, the more detectable. Short scenes giving the eye less time to focus on detail. Planes in the sky ate probably the hardest to do undetected. I make a conscience effort to step back from that part. In this situation its just mandatory to use cgi, and it will never be perfect,

As far as scripting, if I can tell in advance what the flow is, kinda get turned off. IMO, 1-2 episodes from a 9 episode movie should be hard to predict. If I can, scripting failed.

Since I’ve dipped my toes in those productions, like with Batman filmed in Chicago, and having a few life long friend actors,…and my feet in WWII sims and history, I won’t enjoy it if I don’t step back and just try to look at the big picture.

And its my opinion that it doesn’t suck….so far.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2024, 02:32:36 PM »
They were all 109s but near the end of the battle they called '190s coming back'. I too noticed the Ju 88/110 thing but I agree it was likely done on purpose.

Could also be an editing error. Maybe they said 110s in another take but it wasn’t used. Anyway that’s twice they said wrong lol. I’m keeping an open mind for the next seven.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2024, 04:53:56 PM »
Neat thanks.

I also thought in the first air battle they called 109s but the noses looked liked 190s. They went by super fast so I would have to take another peek.

How did they screw up radial engines vs inline? Lol

I'll give appleTV a trial and give it a watch.  Gotta find my apple info now haha
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2024, 06:30:25 PM »

I'll give appleTV a trial and give it a watch.  Gotta find my apple info now haha

I didn’t read the book but am told it discusses frequently mistakenly identifying aircraft but I don’t think it was intentional by the show. They are 0-2 lol.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 06:33:00 PM »
but I don’t think it was intentional by the show.
What is your reasoning?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2024, 06:39:51 PM »

Both the BF 110 and Ju 88 have inline engines.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2024, 06:41:36 PM »
What is your reasoning?

Nothing really other than last Hollywood missteps and a bit of a vibe from the show so far. I’m very happy to be wrong.

I spent too many years managing Blockbuster and other video stores, I’m a snob when it comes to filmed things in my old age. Sadly I don’t enjoy movies like I used too if I’m being honest. 

I’m going to watch it whether I like it or not lol
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 06:44:10 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2024, 06:59:39 PM »
Don’t worry it’s ok if we nitpick the proper planes and accuracy. :old:

I was just reading a thread elsewhere that some people are upset that the makeup and nails worn by the ladies in the opening scene was not period correct.

Thats going deep!