Author Topic: Watching MoA :)  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Watching MoA :)
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2024, 05:55:16 PM »
Wat is reading

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2024, 06:19:09 PM »
Goes hannd and hannd with speling.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2024, 06:24:54 PM »
Wat is reading

All I can say is this,… if there are no pictures, I’m screwed.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2024, 07:27:16 PM »

At least on FireTV stick, AppleTv has a 3 month trial.  Which would cover the series.

Or you can sail the high seas.  Just got ep 3 today
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2024, 08:40:09 AM »
As mentioned already if they would start and/ or stop the episodes with actual stories from the crews it would be much better...

The German perspective angle would expand the experience...to show that they weren't all crazy Nazi and had real concerns about the sanity of their leaders ...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2024, 09:01:02 AM »
I'm finding the serious to be "OK", but the air combat scenes just feel very...off to me.

The L/W fighters seem to be moving at mach 2, even when approaching the B17 formations from the rear, they zip by so fast you can barely, barely see and track them on screen.  Same with the tracers, they look to be moving at rail gun velocities, and it makes the CGI look even worse IMO.

I can't be the only one who is seeing it this way...

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2024, 09:15:38 AM »
I'm finding the serious to be "OK", but the air combat scenes just feel very...off to me.

The L/W fighters seem to be moving at mach 2, even when approaching the B17 formations from the rear, they zip by so fast you can barely, barely see and track them on screen.  Same with the tracers, they look to be moving at rail gun velocities, and it makes the CGI look even worse IMO.

I can't be the only one who is seeing it this way...

You’re not. It’s definitely just ok, not particularly good or bad.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2024, 10:11:48 AM »
As mentioned already if they would start and/ or stop the episodes with actual stories from the crews it would be much better...

The German perspective angle would expand the experience...to show that they weren't all crazy Nazi and had real concerns about the sanity of their leaders ...

Eagler

Thanks for posting that!  Excellent!

I think a reason for lack of people talking at end of episodes is that there might not be many or any around anymore.

When I lived near Seattle, the Museum of Flight would, every few months or so, have panel discussions of WWII pilots.  It was AWESOME.  I got to hear their stories and meet them afterward.  But over time, there were fewer and fewer available to do it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2024, 10:30:18 AM »
Thanks for posting that!  Excellent!

I think a reason for lack of people talking at end of episodes is that there might not be many or any around anymore.

When I lived near Seattle, the Museum of Flight would, every few months or so, have panel discussions of WWII pilots.  It was AWESOME.  I got to hear their stories and meet them afterward.  But over time, there were fewer and fewer available to do it.

I think that there are enough recordings from the vets on both sides that those interviews could have been patched into the beginning of the episodes (and the endings too) and that real touch would have improved it immensely...it was some of the best parts of Band of Brothers for us..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2024, 10:35:53 AM »
I was saying to Perd and Spike on our Discord that I'd love it if there was some inside joke with the production where the German aircraft shown are always different than what the spoken line ID's them as being.

I think the show is 0-2 on correctly ID'ing German planes, through 2 episodes.
Ahhh. I deleted my discord when I got some notices that my account had been compromised or something to that effect. It’s been a long time since I’ve disgraced the virtual skies. Been watching AH YouTube videos a lot lately.. sad. Feel like a house cat staring out the window all day. I should get a divorce, adulting is a drag.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2024, 11:33:32 AM »
I think that there are enough recordings from the vets on both sides that those interviews could have been patched into the beginning of the episodes (and the endings too) and that real touch would have improved it immensely...it was some of the best parts of Band of Brothers for us..

Eagler

Yeah, I liked that a lot in Band of Brothers.  It was cool also not knowing the guys' names until the end.