Author Topic: Gravejard in town  (Read 1118 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Gravejard in town
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2024, 09:11:57 PM »
I think this is a really nice thought, but I pretty sure its never going to happen.

First it would either have to be huge to cover the list of players that have passed, or there would have to be some kind shortened list selecting a few players as opposed to all players that have passed which wouldnt happen as nobody would be able to come up with a way to pick and choose.

Second it would require the "town" object to reworked completely. HTC no longer has an art/3d department.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 08:30:29 PM »
I think it should go in the middle of the town and if you hit it a lightning bolt comes down from heaven and smites your butt.

Yes, give me less incentive to come back to bomb things...
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2024, 01:50:10 AM »
I think this is a really nice thought, but I pretty sure its never going to happen.

First it would either have to be huge to cover the list of players that have passed, or there would have to be some kind shortened list selecting a few players as opposed to all players that have passed which wouldnt happen as nobody would be able to come up with a way to pick and choose.

Second it would require the "town" object to reworked completely. HTC no longer has an art/3d department.
Speaking about physical size, wouldn't it suffice to have one stone for every alphabet or even less, with a scroll down menu for names? Maybe with a "favourites" feature for the ones you really knew. Also, it wouldn't have to be accessible in a similar manner as you would walk the streets of the town, instead it could be a portal to an isolated virtual space like the Hangar for choosing your plane. Enter the cemetery gate and you'd be somewhere else. Heck, the simplest way would be to add such a gate that would open a browser window to the already existing memorial site.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2024, 06:28:59 AM »
We all die eventually..

Who puts up the last name in the game?

I think any development time could be spent better...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2024, 11:45:50 AM »

Who puts up the last name in the game?

The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2024, 02:10:34 AM »
A big plus 1 for this idea