Author Topic: AH Film to YouTube  (Read 836 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: AH Film to YouTube
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 09:39:17 PM »
I got bandicam&cut downloaded and selected Lagarith and set to Animl-AW's preferred settings.  But dang I recorded 7 minutes or so and it was a massive 24GB file.  How do I tone that file down some and still get a decent film quality?

File size isnt that big a deal if your just going to drop it onto youtube.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 12:59:01 AM »
Is fraps not around anymore?

Fraps hasn't been updated since 2013.

I couldn't get it to record AH gameplay.  It would only record my trackir window instead. 

I switched to OBS and took many tries to customize it to my setup.  Works better since it supports using graphics card to record instead of cpu, higher resolutions, better codecs and bunch of options to tailor to different setups.

There are many apps that all do same thing.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 04:40:35 AM »
I got bandicam&cut downloaded and selected Lagarith and set to Animl-AW's preferred settings.  But dang I recorded 7 minutes or so and it was a massive 24GB file.  How do I tone that file down some and still get a decent film quality?

They are huge files. Last video I made took 1T of avi clip space.
  My videos are 7-8 minutes, about 700g as MP4. You can save as MP4 instead of AVI.

These are long sessions of each being 1hr.

The object is to upload as high quality as possible, because if higher quality you’ll get a higher quality codec in youtube, less degrading. Lower quality gets a lower quality codec in youtube. More quality drop. Quality take a lot of space.

This scenario as no bad shots, it’s hard to edit anything out. I’m having issues as if I do the whole thing with no cuts I’m looking at 3-4T of space as AVI. I’m going to have to drop down to MP4 myself If Its too big.

You can go 1920x1080 resolution and MP4, and 8-bit, not 32-bit and cut least interesting parts, that would save space But you won’t hit 4k HD in YT. Just dropping to MP4 alone will save a lot of space, like 2/3rds less.

Hell even radio chatter on allied side is very interesting. I probably won’t even put music to this one. Its not file size that triggers 4k codec on YT, its res.

This is a tough one. Events team out did themselves, not sure how they will top this. Best scenario I’ve been in. Even the players were so professional. We’ve got 12 hrs left to go HA!

Making good quality vids takes a lot of space. Once you render your vid, you can delete your clips.

Let others chime in see what their ideas are. I shoot for the 4k quality. 1080 is still HD.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 07:45:04 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP