Author Topic: Does this CGI look better than Master of the Air's?  (Read 421 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Does this CGI look better than Master of the Air's?
« on: February 13, 2024, 12:47:56 PM »
I think it's outstanding, but I need to see more of MotA's to make a final judgement.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Does this CGI look better than Master of the Air's?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 03:45:52 PM »
I’m going to check with some friends, but I’m becoming convinced that some in the industry kinda made their own game type simulation. Because once its built production becomes a lot cheaper. You’re seeing it in a lot of documentaries too. They certainly don’t want to start from scratch, re-inventing the wheel over and over. Now they are spinning out docs and movies like like a machine

Just an assumption, but curious enough to check into it

I have yet to see cgi, or a game that has completely fooled me.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 03:57:17 PM »
This one had me fooled initially.   War Thunder.  Nearly as pretty as it gets.  I don't know if there is scripted single player to set up the story, or if he works together with other players/pilots somehow.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 07:07:32 PM »
This one had me fooled initially.   War Thunder.  Nearly as pretty as it gets.  I don't know if there is scripted single player to set up the story, or if he works together with other players/pilots somehow.

That is indeed, very pretty and well scripted. Is War Thunder still around as a flight sim? If so, is it decent or fairly "arcade-like" like? Looks like you'd need quite a rig to run such graphics but I'm not certain with graphic engines and other gizmos these days.
Again, very pretty.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 08:11:37 PM »
That is indeed, very pretty and well scripted. Is War Thunder still around as a flight sim? If so, is it decent or fairly "arcade-like" like? Looks like you'd need quite a rig to run such graphics but I'm not certain with graphic engines and other gizmos these days.
Again, very pretty.

I'm sure its still around, and they have thousands of players.   They've expanded the aircraft selection from pre-WWII through at least Viet Nam era now.   I have an account but have not played in years.  Just didn't like the grind to get new aircraft, and did not care for the play style, esp the ability to fly around in third person view. 

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 07:59:09 AM »
Again, very pretty.

WT is turning into a tank game, air combat is now second. They created a bad issue with going charging for everything they can. Their crowd has become disgruntled because of the new chosen path. This can be read in various places. . Pretty game, not the flight sim it was. Mostly a younger crowd.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 08:01:25 AM »
I'm sure its still around, and they have thousands of players.   They've expanded the aircraft selection from pre-WWII through at least Viet Nam era now.   I have an account but have not played in years.  Just didn't like the grind to get new aircraft, and did not care for the play style, esp the ability to fly around in third person view.

Its just another pretty game with wrong direction of our style. These are the effects I could put in AH. I have the software to do it. Pretty sure you saw my examples.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 08:06:40 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 09:14:08 AM »
All of these movies look better than MOTA imo

As they explain the enemy perspective improved both Tora,Tora, Tora and Battle of Britain 1969 and is missing from this series so far

Not sure why actual film footage isn't being used in it either..

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 10:27:37 AM »
Just bought this DVD and found the CGI not too bad.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 10:28:24 AM »
My bad
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 11:08:38 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 10:32:54 AM »
Nm

Eagler
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 12:11:18 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 11:09:36 AM »
Is this posted in the correct thread?

Eagler

No, my apologies, fixed. Please fix urs
Thank you
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 01:27:43 PM »
When I tested WT a while back I found that with the eye candy wide open it was much less hardware intensive than AH, weirdly.