Author Topic: Hard crashes and lag spikes  (Read 830 times)

Online SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Hard crashes and lag spikes
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 09:49:49 AM »
Puma chipset in modem?

I had this problem once with a puma chipset modem and had disconnects constantly. Exchanged for a Broadcom chipset modem and problem solved.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 10:32:49 AM »
At one time the game servers was
Since he moved them, not sure if that is still the case.

Command prompt ping test gave timed out, so that is not valid any more.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2024, 03:15:08 AM »
1) make sure your drivers are up to date
2) make sure if you have 2 audio devices disable one. One can conflict with the other real fast.
3) check your background processes and services, if you don’t require some to run disable those.
4) disable Windows update, do it manually
5) Ccleaner its free unless you want yhe pro has a great section that analyzes resource sucking processes and tells you which ones you can put to sleep. It will also update drivers.
6) flush your dns server, reboot router. 

Gaming requires tweaks, even on monster machines. If you want you can create a windows profile for gaming if you don’t want the device tweaked for games only.

Other than the basics, maybe Fugative will chime in with ideas. Without further i fo, it sounds like an audio conflict, for at least part of your issues.

We all know HT hasn’t made changes on his end.

Majority of this has been done. I’ve ran 0 issues with ah2 and 3 on this set up since 2015. Seeing as nothing has changed on my end I’m curious if something has developed in the background. All crashes seem to be encounter once that chat buffer for text of vox is being utilized
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2024, 05:41:02 AM »
Majority of this has been done. I’ve ran 0 issues with ah2 and 3 on this set up since 2015. Seeing as nothing has changed on my end I’m curious if something has developed in the background. All crashes seem to be encounter once that chat buffer for text of vox is being utilized
So your setup is already nine years old. When was the last time you changed the BIOS battery?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 07:57:02 AM »
If your internet arrives on the same cable as your TV, then use the diagnostics menu of the cable box.   
Certain screens will have plenty of diagnostic data to help.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 09:17:14 AM »
I'm not saying that this is related or the solution but I figured it's worth mentioning to help move forward with finding a solution.

I encountered a problem in windows 10/11 when I would use the transmit button on my VR that the framerate would drop down to less then 5 fps for the duration of the button press. I'm a little foggy on exactly what it was but as I recall I had to open windows sounds settings and go to a specific tab and leave it open. When I had this open it would work properly and the screen would not freeze. I guess it was a "random feature" in windows that caused this.

The reason I bring this up is that it may be possible that there was a a windows update in the timeframe that this started happening and as people are getting the updates it is affecting more people?