Author Topic: Thank You Merv!  (Read 458 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Thank You Merv!
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:56:22 PM »
Not what I expected to be posting but when he’s right he’s right.  :cheers:

He mentioned in one thread some time back that he uses a mouse to shoot at us all and its benefits. So it made me try it. Well you know what? It’s so much smoother and precise than the stick, for me anyway.

Past few weeks I have had such a better time hitting planes with my guns and I am able to use the sights with a little more accuracy. I even changed all my bomber guns on all bombers to the stock B17 tail gun sight.

Last night I took out three in one flight from B24’s and I almost got a fourth with only the side guns left. A few others gave up too.

Thanks for the suggestion! 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:58:08 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Thank You Merv!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 06:38:51 PM »
He's no "cheater" I fly around him often,.... he's just very good at what he does.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 08:24:40 AM »
wait til you discover that the N key slaves the drone guns to fire together instead of just the plane you're in (F/mouse button)

Not what I expected to be posting but when he’s right he’s right.  :cheers:

He mentioned in one thread some time back that he uses a mouse to shoot at us all and its benefits. So it made me try it. Well you know what? It’s so much smoother and precise than the stick, for me anyway.

Past few weeks I have had such a better time hitting planes with my guns and I am able to use the sights with a little more accuracy. I even changed all my bomber guns on all bombers to the stock B17 tail gun sight.

Last night I took out three in one flight from B24’s and I almost got a fourth with only the side guns left. A few others gave up too.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 08:48:55 AM »
That one I knew. I’ve been practicing trying to only shoot from one plane to save ammo for longer trips. Unless the crap hits the fan and the dragon needs to breathe lol.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 07:38:27 PM »
That one I knew. I’ve been practicing trying to only shoot from one plane to save ammo for longer trips. Unless the crap hits the fan and the dragon needs to breathe lol.
:cheers:

Glad to hear you are finding success and enjoying it too. Use the ammo you got. Your more likely to lose a gun rather than running out of ammo. Just don't fire at anything until a target is within 1000. If you see 1k do not fire.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:40:19 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 07:19:59 AM »
wait til you discover that the N key slaves the drone guns to fire together instead of just the plane you're in (F/mouse button)

What is this?  Drones have always shot at the target I am shooting at. If the guns have an visual....bang bang bang
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 06:40:16 AM »
What is this?  Drones have always shot at the target I am shooting at. If the guns have an visual....bang bang bang
OOPPPs I forgot "ALL GUNS" was optional  :rofl GV and Bombers I am always ALL GUNS
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain