Author Topic: SB Halftime Shows  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
SB Halftime Shows
« on: February 12, 2024, 08:04:53 AM »
Must be my age but they just get worse each year imo

Old rocker here who never understood nor enjoyed the "music" noise this one made...

Won't touch the commercials but at $7,000,000 for 30 seconds I don't think anyone got their money's worth

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: SB Halftime Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 08:27:42 AM »
Commercials have sucked for the past 4-5 years.  It seems they have a more serious tone than they used to. 

As for halftime shows, I thoroughly enjoyed this one, but I grew up to Usher and his guests.  Prince will always be my favorite halftime show, though.

I was just explaining to my students that I don't think we'll ever see another rock halftime show.  They are going to try to cater to the largest %age of viewers while also providing a "show" as well.  I've been petitioning for a Metallica halftime show since I was a teenager  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 08:52:10 AM »
Bands like Metallica and the Foos won’t do it because the NFL insists on pre-recorded music in order to eliminate any issues. Only the singer is allowed to be live if they want. The Chili Peppers complained about it when they did it.

Because of the short turn around there is no time to set up and properly sound check a rock and roll show.

Metallica has always said they are “too heavy for halftime!”  :banana: Having been to a bunch of shows they would have shattered the glass in that place lol.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:10:15 AM »
Good Ole Chinesse "Temu" sure dished out a lot of money on SB adds.

As far as the halftime show, it was a popular performer for a younger age group performing.  Wasn't great, wasn't bad IMO.

If you are over 40 or 45 years old, you probably had no idea who or what was going on there.  Lol.

That being said, the majority of people on this particular BBS probably agree with you.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 12:47:20 PM »
That Usher guy sucked. Just some idiot dancing around while they play music over the sound system. Like a high-school assembly.

Horrible. No talent clown.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 04:02:02 PM »
It took me a few seconds to figure out what SB was. Haven't watched a SB since NFL's salary strike back in 80's. 70's were some of the best years. I'd watch them if they were more traditional, marching bands twirling batons and no BS politics and social enlightenment. Put your face in the mud and bang heads  :old:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 09:47:30 AM »
I jave not seen one since the nfl started disrespecting Americans.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 12:15:11 PM »
It took me a few seconds to figure out what SB was. Haven't watched a SB since NFL's salary strike back in 80's. 70's were some of the best years. I'd watch them if they were more traditional, marching bands twirling batons and no BS politics and social enlightenment. Put your face in the mud and bang heads  :old:

“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 12:32:46 PM »
It won't change until the current NFL commissioner finally leaves, but we'll probably get another nut job in there.

The black anthem is a national disgrace. Just another way to divide the country while they scream unity. MLKjr rolling over in his grave.

What I find odd is that every black woman singer is now dressed in all red with black outline. For past 2 years we've seen this trend. Not sure what they are trying to get at with it but it's weird.

Then you have "Ice Spice" doing a clear goathead horns with hands while Taylor Swift and friend chug their drinks. Such great role models for the kids!

Our future girls are going to be such trash following these "idols".
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 01:24:14 PM »
It won't change until the current NFL commissioner finally leaves, but we'll probably get another nut job in there.

The black anthem is a national disgrace. Just another way to divide the country while they scream unity. MLKjr rolling over in his grave.

What I find odd is that every black woman singer is now dressed in all red with black outline. For past 2 years we've seen this trend. Not sure what they are trying to get at with it but it's weird.

Then you have "Ice Spice" doing a clear goathead horns with hands while Taylor Swift and friend chug their drinks. Such great role models for the kids!

Tell me you’re an awful human without actually saying the words.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 01:55:57 PM »

What?   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 04:18:17 PM »

That's more due to lack of parenting, not whats on the superbowl halftime show.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 04:26:11 PM »

What makes me an awful person, Dadtallica? Don't be a little B when you want to talk crap to me. I'm tired of your forever victimization racket.

That's more due to lack of parenting, not whats on the superbowl halftime show.

Parenting, sure. However peer pressure is 10x greater and girls are the easiest to manipulate with iconic trends, especially someone like Taylor Swift who has massive influence over young girls.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 04:59:59 PM »
I’m not debating race relations in this echo chamber, no matter how thinly veiled they become.

You have said plenty throughout time to be labeled as awful.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:03:20 PM by Dadtallica »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 05:20:40 PM »
What makes me an awful person, Dadtallica? Don't be a little B when you want to talk crap to me. I'm tired of your forever victimization racket.

Parenting, sure. However peer pressure is 10x greater and girls are the easiest to manipulate with iconic trends, especially someone like Taylor Swift who has massive influence over young girls.

Do you have any kids?