Author Topic: Error trying to install.  (Read 195 times)

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
Error trying to install.
« on: February 14, 2024, 09:07:02 AM »
Maybe this computer just can't run AH.

If I try to run the default Aceshigh11, the background screen pops up, then just closes with no error message.

I try to run Aceshigh9, I get the following error after it tries downloading some map files?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Error trying to install.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:17:19 AM »
Do you have Dx9 and/or Dx11 installed? Specs of your mill could help forums gurus to investigate the problem.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:24 AM »
That error is usually caused by dragging the exe file to the desktop and trying to run it from there.

The fix is to download and install the game again, dont delete or remove the game you have now. Just install right over it.

Then rightclick the "aceshigh9.exe" file and select "create shortcut" and put that on your desktop. DOuble click the icon to start the DX9 version of the game.

Also a DXdiag would help if you still have issues. If you dont know how to do a DXdiag, go here, its easy

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,342871.msg4526838.html#msg4526838

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 09:43:55 AM »
OS: Windows 11 pro (I'm still getting used to the bloody interface...)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
It doesn't have a separate graphics card, just what is integrated on the processor. Maybe that's the problem.

It should already have DirectX 11, but I can't verify so I'm just going to install 9.0 and 11.0 to be sure.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 09:56:55 AM »
It doesn't have a separate graphics card, just what is integrated on the processor. Maybe that's the problem.
It may well be. And even if it wasn't, you'd be heavily struggling to run the game. AH3 requires a separate graphics card, at the minimum a DirectX 9 compatible NVidia 9800GTX+ class (or better) with a minimum of 512MB of dedicated video RAM according to the Requirements.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni