Author Topic: Returned Player  (Read 842 times)

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
Returned Player
« on: February 14, 2024, 02:47:26 PM »
Greetings-
Back after 4 or 5 years of being gone. A couple of questions-
1.  How do you talk?  is it the T Key? I can hear but cant transmit!
2. How do I get the frame rate to show on the top of the screen?

Thanks, basic questions I know just can't remember. 

Driver <S>
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
Re: Returned Player
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 02:55:21 PM »
Check clip boards - controls - keyboard, and go through global. I had set my keys to a different key that I don't remember. T I think was for ranged(?)

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 03:27:15 PM »
Thanks
I did that my T key is set to country and F11 is set to range, still nothing.
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 06:05:41 PM »
Do you have the correct microphone selected in the game?  Options>Preferences>Game Sounds

Ctrl+i shows frame rates.

Good luck.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 06:42:39 PM »
Hi Driver, welcome back!

The 'T' key is set to transmit on whatever channel radio V (5) is set to.  I don't the country channel '2' is valid for radio transmissions, not sure. 

You can tune yourself to test your microphone by bringing up the radio buffer with the slash "/" key, then type ".radio 5 GameHandle" i.e. you might type ".radio 5 Driver" in the text buffer.   You can then press 'T' to transmit and you should hear yourself.   If you don't, make sure you have the correct microphone selected in Game Sounds as Gooss suggested above.  If that looks OK but still no sound from your mic, I'd go to Windows Devices and troubleshoot your microphone there.

<S>

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks, it's great to be back, love this game. I got my communication issues worked out so thanks for the help.

Do you know how to pull up the frame rates? it used to show at the top of my screen just not sure how to bring that back up or at least I don't remember how.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 09:19:56 PM »
Sure thing!

CTRL "I" will display frame rate info.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:28:10 PM »
Yo Driver!  Welcome back!

- oldman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 10:00:01 PM »
Great to see you back Driver!  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 07:21:58 AM »
Welcome back!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 08:18:31 AM »
Welcome back Driver.

By default (F11) is the key to transmit on "Range".  Range is every friendly within a certain distance from you.

The (T) key transmits on a channel that you tune to. I believe 101 is default. Channels 200 and above transmit across countries. For other people to hear you on a tuned channel they have to be tuned to the same channel.

You can test your mic by tuning to yourself by typing your in game name into the V box, or typing [.radio 5 (in game name)] in the text buffer, then pressing the "T" key and seeing if you can hear yourself.

If you are still having issues getting your mic to work we can meet up in the TA and I can help walk you through getting it working. Right now the weekend, late morning, or early afternoon would be best for me. I'm West coast U.S.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 09:45:05 AM »
Thanks
If I continue to have issues, I'll take you up on your offer. Do you know how to bring up the frame rate on the top on the screen when you're playing?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 09:55:45 AM »
Thanks
If I continue to have issues, I'll take you up on your offer. Do you know how to bring up the frame rate on the top on the screen when you're playing?

I believe that's CTRL-I.

- oldman

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 10:48:55 AM »
Thanks

If you mean actually moving the frame rate counter to the top of the screen, you can actually just drag it anywhere you want it on the screen. I dragged mine over next to my to-do list and important phone #'s list in the lower right corner.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 12:36:53 PM »
First thanks everyone for the welcome back!   :salute

Got my mike issues worked out thanks.

I need to get my frame rate back to 60FPS running now at 30FPS. game play seems ok but would prefer getting back to 60. reset my power options in windows to max and still stuck at 30.  used to run at 60 a couple of years ago. seems weird to me.     :mad:

thanks for any help you can provide.
driver