Author Topic: Why not?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
Re: Why not?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 08:07:08 PM »
Well part of the reason I was thinking this might be a good idea is because I am in the EU. I am unable to enjoy the game because that means staying up to 2am (starting) each night and messing up my days as a sleep-less zombie. I would love to join the game again but like other EU players I have quit because there just isn't enough action at our time zone.

Well hopefully Europe will get it self straightened out so y'all can enjoy an American past time

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 10:45:33 PM »
I have seen half eaten loaves of bread returned at Sam's...

Not to mention televisions after the super bowl...

Theft and stealing is not a crime in the minds of many these days...obviously.

Eagler

LOLOL This isn't at all far from the TRUTH TOO!!! My mother has been a customer service for Sam's Club in Portland Maine for much more than a decade and you don't want to start guessing the crazy kinds of stories!
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 12:27:45 PM »
I think there is a pretty large number of people that play for FSO and Events only.

My guess is poor business choice..

This is what I think.  Flying the Masters of the Air Event I see tons of guys you never see in main arena.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024, 12:59:45 PM »
Well part of the reason I was thinking this might be a good idea is because I am in the EU. I am unable to enjoy the game because that means staying up to 2am (starting) each night and messing up my days as a sleep-less zombie. I would love to join the game again but like other EU players I have quit because there just isn't enough action at our time zone.

Like this, people like me can spare a night every month or so to participate without ruining our sleep patterns and energy levels.

I have been with AH since the start (beta) when HT moved from IEN and played religiously for more then a decade.

Huge maps are just absolutely horrible for EU gameplay. I feel it's one of the major problems with lack of fights with low #s. It's why the midwar arena never really took off. Just way too big of a map. The tighter knit you have players, the more combat that will take place, thus increasing the #s. That should be the focus. People want to be apart of large battles, not onsey twoseys, may shoot a plane after 20 min may not. That's not good for gameplay. Huge battles is what we should strive for. That is the AH of old when we had more #s and could have fights on both sides of the map.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 03:54:59 AM »
The Midwar arena was the best back in the day. Most folks in there would look for the fight. Didn't have late war aircraft so people knew how to fight.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 03:57:39 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 07:18:04 AM »
I have seen half eaten loaves of bread returned at Sam's...

Not to mention televisions after the super bowl...

Theft and stealing is not a crime in the minds of many these days...obviously

Eagler

Can imagine that corporate has told the employees that they are required to accept the return no matter what and are not allowed to tell anyone NO because you might hurt their feelings or that they will wig out and assault/kill someone.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2024, 05:20:19 AM »
Events are part of the game. I do not know what kind of work you do, but would you give away one of your most popular items for free?
:aok "Part of the game".   Free...NAH!  Maybe incentive for paying customers to join these scenarios?  Other than Perk Points. Lets say, TracIR....Gift Certificates, maybe even a top end Gaming PC....?   Still trying to work out how to implement something like this...the FUNDS=No problem.  Leaning towards Lotto # picks....entries are multiplied by Multiple Frames attended....exploits in scenario....all members of best squad power ups...ect.  Eh, pipe dream maybe? I am with most of you fellers...Scenarios are what this game was made for! :rock     Feedback appreciated.
  Heck, I am thinking about something like this in MA...participate in Missions, Take X # of bases in 3 hours. Yeah AM  B shish would be hard to swallow for entry...maybe just when Trusted Folk are on, when I am? =Gnashing of teeth from AM players.... :bhead Then again, this is an investment into MY FUN Time, so...?  I would do it in a heartbeat! If I could find a way to make it plausible/majority defined and agreed to rules for qualification. Just a dream..and dont wish it to be a nightmare   Trying to bite off more than I can chew? Probably?  Although...2 bases of 1 and 2 bases from other country, in 3 hours...would stop all the "We picked on...oooo the hoarde....double teamed...yadda yadda.."?  Defenders can earn extra credits towards Lotto also.   Just dreaming..as I really enjoy these scenarios..and Poker.  Brooke I see your embroidered patches...and raise a PC :aok
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 05:54:11 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain