Author Topic: Throttle in bombsight and gun positions  (Read 209 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
Throttle in bombsight and gun positions
« on: February 24, 2024, 06:49:08 AM »
Here's a weird one(at least to me).

First, I am using a Gladiator stick and a CH Pro throttle.  In the cockpit position everything works as advertised.  When I switch to either bombsight or gunner positions, the engine(s) roll back and the throttle movement doesn't change a thing.  This only recently started, but I don't recall changing any settings.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Throttle in bombsight and gun positions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 07:11:27 AM »
Do you have a backup copy of your settings folder? It seems like every once and while my settings go screwy. Don't know why, but I have learned to always have a spare copy, as a matter of fact it happened again to me just this week.

You may have to go back and remap all  your settings again. Double check to make sure you don't have some buttons/functions mapped to the same button.  :joystick:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 07:46:21 AM »
This happens to me because I haven’t throttled split between two engines and in the gun mode settings my throttle axis was inverted so when I switched to guns engine two would go to  zero.

Make sure your mappings and axis settings are the same in each mode where it needs to be.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 09:19:24 AM »
Most likely you have switched on the auto switch mode for the controls. When you switch from pilot to a gunner/bombsite, or to a gv The game can be set to switch modes so you can have a totally different setup for your buttons and axis for for doing different things. The auto switch box is in the "map controllers" page in the ceter just to the right of the "Advanced" check box. You may have accidently clicked it and now it switches but you havent programed any buttons in that mode.

If you are using the auto mode switching be sure to add the throttles axis to the bomber mode (mode 4)so your engines dont throttle down.

Offline Worid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 02:53:28 PM »
hiya jolly  :grin: been awhile. i nevered figured you'd have such an issue but Fugi is more or less rigth. if you have too, back track thru your config. text files backups.

WORID