Author Topic: to the European Players  (Read 1313 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: to the European Players
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2024, 08:22:22 PM »
so the other thing that was suggested was that if a base is destroyed its unusable for 2 frames. for right now i can do once a month to see how it works.
as the summer approaches, we'll have to see what the participation is. i would consider twice a month....AS LONG AS THERES PARTICIPATION.

i would like to making it into something ongoing and progressive(god i hate that word!) so that it could start with BOB and then we can progress into
WW2 into the battle of/over germany.

please let me know what you all think?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2024, 08:27:47 PM »
Late addition regarding time: 3 pm EST was when EuroKOTH was run; when it had enough attendance to be run.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2024, 08:55:06 PM »
yup and thats when im planning on running this!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2024, 10:01:23 PM »
Can the damage on a map be during a scenario be saved? Maybe I would know if I was able to attend lol.  In other words… if there is one map with a radar factory and it is down to 75% in frame one, can it be at 75% at the start of frame two?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2024, 08:04:58 AM »
Can the damage on a map be during a scenario be saved? Maybe I would know if I was able to attend lol.  In other words… if there is one map with a radar factory and it is down to 75% in frame one, can it be at 75% at the start of frame two?

The cm can destroy any and all destroyable objects at any time, so yes.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2024, 12:19:39 PM »

Like lazerr said and i was planning on either finding out or recording it, yes i will save the damage from one frame to another. thats kinda the idea behind it. a rolling series of battles.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 12:37:03 PM by captain1ma »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2024, 01:36:00 PM »
also i need a name for this thing. Sunday Euro Campaign?

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2024, 04:25:18 PM »

setup: battle of britain

aircraft:

spit1
hurri1
IL-2 with cannons nerfed(maybe) sub for Boulton Paul Defiant Mk. I
bristol blenheim(sub bostonIII without bombs)

BF109E-4
BF110C-4
JU87
JU88
HE-111

Let me know what you all think?

I don't think your RAF substitutions are very good, to be honest.

First, the IL-2's defensive gun does not even traverse 1/4 of what the Defiant's could. Since you can't properly represent how to fight in a Defiant, why even have a sub for it? Also, I question if you really can nerf the guns on it and not affect the other planes. Seems like a bad idea all around to me.

Second, the Boston is a bad sub for a Blenheim. The Boston is 50 mph faster. It's also too tough in general for Emils and 110C's to kill reliably. It would be a good inclusion later in your progressive event, as true Bostons, when the Allies started using them from Britain. The B-25C is much closer in performance to the Blenheim and will also work as a reasonable sub for the Wellington. Also, the B-25C and Ju 88 are as close to balanced as two opposing bombers can be in game. So that match-up should be your bread and butter, in my opinion.

Another alternative for the Blenheim would be the TBM, if you can get over the whole one engine thing. They're very close size and bomb load.

Other than those issues, this looks to be a lot of fun.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2024, 06:10:12 PM »

First, the IL-2's defensive gun does not even traverse 1/4 of what the Defiant's could. Since you can't properly represent how to fight in a Defiant, why even have a sub for it? Also, I question if you really can nerf the guns on it and not affect the other planes. Seems like a bad idea all around to me.

Second, the Boston is a bad sub for a Blenheim. The Boston is 50 mph faster. It's also too tough in general for Emils and 110C's to kill reliably. It would be a good inclusion later in your progressive event, as true Bostons, when the Allies started using them from Britain. The B-25C is much closer in performance to the Blenheim and will also work as a reasonable sub for the Wellington. Also, the B-25C and Ju 88 are as close to balanced as two opposing bombers can be in game. So that match-up should be your bread and butter, in my opinion.

Another alternative for the Blenheim would be the TBM, if you can get over the whole one engine thing. They're very close size and bomb load.

:salute

both the il-2 and boston were going to be used as interceptors. are they perfect? No, but i can try them and find out how it works. i do appreciate the suggestions. as for the bostons being too tough for the emil's, you're probably right. but we'll just give it a shot and adjust as necessary. its all about fun, not necessarily about accuracy. i will sleep on your suggestions. thank you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 06:46:21 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2024, 06:54:49 PM »
How many Sundays you plan to do this Sunday funday?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2024, 06:58:30 PM »
i was thinking once a month and see how it goes. if theres not enough interest or guys, it wont work. if people start calling for 2 sundays a month, that would probably work. just remember i have a life too hehehe.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2024, 08:57:26 PM »

Hah!

This reminds me so much of the glory days of CT and AvA.  "What, you're substituting Hurri IIs for the Russians?  They never had those!"

All good, keeps people interested, and Jaeger did ask for input.

From my perspective, the BoB plane set is the best that AH has to offer.  No sense trying to copy Defiants, they weren't a factor.  Better question is what to give the Brits for a bomber?  The Boston always worked well, and really there aren't a lot of alternate choices.

Another question, though:  Do EU players want an early war plane set, or do they want to have late war planes with more players?  Just asking. 

Give Jaeger credit for even offering this.

- oldman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2024, 07:56:13 AM »
thanks oldman!!

the idea of the IL-2 was to use it as an interceptor for the german bombers. while not realistic i figured it might be fun. the defiant had quad guns and the IL-2 had 23mm's. if used only in limited numbers, it would be ok. but that being said i've decided to ditch it all together.

i would like people to suggest things as opposed to why my idea is not that great.  give me a better alternative! devil505 is a perfect example. 

the englanders will keep the boston III's as a bomber. the 110's can make fast work of them, so there will need to be some defensive strategy.

i will also try to figure out a way to adjust fuel burn to make it more realistic. this will limit the fighters over england.

also with the radar im going to try to adjust it to make it more realistic. i can do minimum alt on the radar im not sure if i can do maximum. my bigger problem is Germany and England had different radar. i only have 2 settings i can use. on or off and distances. this limits what i can do for the 2 sides. unfortunately its all or nothing, so the germans may be SOL. Darbar may be the answer for them instead.