Author Topic: In other other, benign and fun news.....  (Read 493 times)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
In other other, benign and fun news.....
« on: March 01, 2024, 09:50:48 PM »
While waiting for my clothes to dry before work I decided to up in an FM2. I immediately found myself in a scrap with a Brewster and a Spit. I put some 50's into the Spit with little effect while the Brewster got some (a metric ton actually) into me with little effect. The spit got tangled with someone else and the Brewster and myself shared some bullets. We both got distracted and I put some 50's into an LA5  maybe at one point. We found each other again and ZE brought me down in his Buffalo. I re-upped and found the Spit again and brought him down with a tight lead pull into his cockpit it looked after causing an overshoot. I saw ZE in his Brewster finishing someone off, so I pursued. I caught up to him while he was low and slow and took snap shots while zooming up and away a few times. He was slippery like a greased fish out of water and really maneuvering well. I finally got him and drove home. What a nice burst of adrenaline before heading off to work. Looking back, I now realize ZE was more than likely bingo, so I feel a little bad for shooting him down. Normally, I'd let obviously bingo guys go and chase down potential and kinetic foes instead but I've lost a bunch of the limited SA and skill I had 20+ years ago. Heck, I'm still having trouble with keeping an eye on an opponent with this new-fangled TRACKIR5 gizmo. In a fight, I regress back to the hat switch which really screws things up. I always check my 6 with the hat as it's a better view. But I forget and look back as well which has me looking forward again. I hope to get things straightened out in that department soon as it's a real detriment to enemy tracking.

I'm really looking forward to that pure dogfighting event held every Monday. I'll probably die every time but man, it sounds fun and it's a good learning experience I'm sure.

What a great Brewster pilot that ZE fella is. Him, that Scott66<?> guy and that OLDANGUS dude really throw those things around good in my opinion. The FM2 seems to be a tough-skinned little guy along with that Buffalo too. Both are great fun.

Anyhow, thinking on this stuff will help me stay awake at work.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Online captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: In other other, benign and fun news.....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 11:54:16 PM »
We'll be happy to have you in Monday Night Madnes at 8pm EST in the SEA2 arena!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 12:17:14 AM »
We'll be happy to have you in Monday Night Madnes at 8pm EST in the SEA2 arena!

In like Flynn. Not Errol Flynn but maybe Lara Flynn Boyle.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 02:15:20 PM »
ZE is the oly Brew flier that scares me, and I know who it is when I see him.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 11:51:31 AM »
What a great Brewster pilot that ZE fella is. Him, that Scott66<?> guy and that OLDANGUS dude really throw those things around good in my opinion. The FM2 seems to be a tough-skinned little guy along with that Buffalo too. Both are great fun.
I recall that encounter Xanax... you guys did a great job, I'm not a good pilot, was just lucky one time.... Regard the Brew is a fun plane and I know pilots like to fight against that little devil...  :salute :salute
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 11:53:22 AM by ZE »

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 11:52:50 AM »
ZE is the oly Brew flier that scares me, and I know who it is when I see him.

You kill me so many times that I prefer see that Animl in a cage ... lol