Author Topic: Sunday European campaign-- Battle of Britain-- Please Critique  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: Sunday European campaign-- Battle of Britain-- Please Critique
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 06:25:52 PM »
I like it! I'll fly if I can.

For spawning I would suggest either designated launch times (every quarter hr or something) or no restrictions with x number of lives. Unless there's a setting I don't know about (very possible) I would think the 15 min after death would be difficult to enforce. Would the launch delay also apply to safe landings? Having COs or even GLs to coordinate launches and targets would definitely help. I like the experience of coordinated attack/defense and I think doing spawn at will without CIC would devolve into a combat challenge type of vibe. Not that that is a bad thing I love combat challenge. It all depends on the vibe you're going for. That's just my 2c.

Thanks for doing this, I think you have a great idea here. Looking forward to it! :salute
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 06:53:47 PM »
thanks Rocco!

there is actually a setting for limiting death to 15 minutes, but im going with a launch window every 15 minutes. the setting kicks in only if you die. if you ditch or bail or otherwise survive it lets you re-up a plane. i might even consider less time, but for now 15 minutes seems like a good number.

im going for a co-ordinated effort with CO's and GL's but loosely. i just want the european guys to enjoy what we enjoy on a regular basis. 

thank you for being supportive. if i can pull this all together i might be able to start this in april.

Offline alkali

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024, 05:35:17 AM »
Most interesting. Will definitely be on if available.
Best,
Marc
Friendship
RAF 341 Squadron - Groupe de chasse 3/2 Alsace

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2024, 07:31:50 AM »
Ok so heres how id like to run this and you guys can tell me if it works for you.

once we get the hardware( planes and vehicles) hashed out

we'll do a 2 hour event with 4 assigned targets for the Axis.

there will be launch windows every 15 minutes for 3 minutes.

like masters of the air, the object is to save your plane, not die.

The allies will defend,but will have bombers to hit targets if they like.
all Axis bases will have 1 single model of planes. this includes Vbases.

Axis airfields will have fighters and bombers. same with Allies.

both sides will have jeeps and M16 or ostwind respectively. these are for base defense, if you so desire.

Air spawns: i will drop in air spawns as the bases get further from the coastline. this is just to keep flight times down to a minimum.

Radar: the Allies will have tower full radar. the axis will have darbar only. i may add a 30second to 1 minute delay maybe. i havent decided yet. feel free to give me guidance on that.

the Allies will have a air traffic controller(Me) unless otherwise indicated.

the idea of this is to have fun with some structure. i figure we'll do a couple of sundays of BOB and then we'll move on to something else.

i would ask the community to suggest setups, targets, activities etc. this is all about you guys. if it makes sense ill run it, if it doesn't, ill say something. i have no experience with this sort of thing so please bare with me.

i would like this to be about fun, community and camaraderie. please help me make it that!

Gary Davis aka jaeger1

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 10:56:52 AM »
so the answer is yes to above?

also would we like to get our own forum? sunday European campaign? with axis and allied sub-forums.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024, 07:24:52 AM »

Ok so heres how id like to run this and you guys can tell me if it works for you.

once we get the hardware( planes and vehicles) hashed out

we'll do a 2 hour event with 4 assigned targets for the Axis.

there will be launch windows every 15 minutes for 3 minutes.

like masters of the air, the object is to save your plane, not die.

The allies will defend,but will have bombers to hit targets if they like.
all Axis bases will have 1 single model of planes. this includes Vbases.

Axis airfields will have fighters and bombers. same with Allies.

both sides will have jeeps and M16 or ostwind respectively. these are for base defense, if you so desire.

Air spawns: i will drop in air spawns as the bases get further from the coastline. this is just to keep flight times down to a minimum.

Radar: the Allies will have tower full radar. the axis will have darbar only. i may add a 30second to 1 minute delay maybe. i havent decided yet. feel free to give me guidance on that.

the Allies will have a air traffic controller(Me) unless otherwise indicated.

the idea of this is to have fun with some structure. i figure we'll do a couple of sundays of BOB and then we'll move on to something else.

i would ask the community to suggest setups, targets, activities etc. this is all about you guys. if it makes sense ill run it, if it doesn't, ill say something. i have no experience with this sort of thing so please bare with me.

i would like this to be about fun, community and camaraderie. please help me make it that!

Gary Davis aka jaeger1

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2024, 12:16:24 PM »
Is this tomorrow?

Looks like a bunch of work Jaeger1

I was thinking nothing more complex than a SAM Sunday Afternoon Madness  :airplane:

Thanks for your dedication sir  :cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2024, 05:09:34 PM »
no ill announce it. it will be a ton of work. i might have to enlist sno if he can be bought!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2024, 06:24:28 PM »
I hope some of you volunteers who make these things get some comps from HT for all you do!  :salute

:cheers:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2024, 06:47:05 PM »
I hope some of you volunteers who make these things get some comps from HT for all you do!

They don't.

- oldman

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2024, 08:03:29 PM »

They don't.

- oldman

Lame! Do better HT!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2024, 07:36:08 AM »
checking to find out if i will interfere with anything. stay tuned for something next month. it wont be anything fancy, but i hope it will be fun!

start time would be around 3pm on a sunday afternoon for the Europeans. we'll see how much participation we get and go from there.

ALL Players are welcome to participate, however im just running it at a time thats conducive to the European guys!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2024, 06:49:39 PM »
You're going to need landing craft, if I can make the hull armored, and a custom base or three
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2024, 05:20:17 PM »
You're going to need landing craft, if I can make the hull armored, and a custom base or three

you're hired! the usual rate of course!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2024, 03:22:00 AM »
Now you're going to have to build a terrain for it. A few tweaks left to do.

I'm a poor man so you'll have to take half the usual rate for your terrain build.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 03:28:14 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001