Author Topic: Masters of the Air scenario, thank you players for an EPIC event for the ages  (Read 301 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
The "Masters of the Air" scenario has concluded.

It was great fun, full of action and glory.  :aok

Scenarios, as a type of event, go back to the early 1990's.  And I have played in nearly all of them from then to now.

I can tell you that Masters of the Air will go down in history as one of the greatest scenarios of all time.  An event that -- no kidding -- people will remember for their whole lives.

What made it so great?

A combination of factors.  It had lots of action that was well balanced.  Each side won its share of the battles.  And there were plenty of battles that came out about even.

More importantly, it had this:

If you read a book about the real WWII action,
or saw a movie,
or in this case saw episodes of the TV series Masters of the Air --

There were many scenes that were just like the action in the scenario.

Many passages of books that you could read and say, "That's what it was like for me in the scenario!"

Fighting your best in a sky full of planes.  The feeling of "HERE WE GO!" as you roll in on the bomber stream, or engage that first group of enemies.  The thrill and anxiousness of battling your way to target, getting bombs out, fighting your way back, and landing your shot-up bomber back at home.  Ending the day of fighting with "Wow!  That was INTENSE!" in your mind (and a bit of body odor from the concentration and intensity  ;)).

What also makes a scenario great?

YOU DO!

You, the pilots, make it great.  It is the collection of you, flying and fighting.  Pouring in your emotion.  Pouring in your desire to shoot down that enemy fighter.  To intercept those enemy bombers.  Or to protect those bombers, to get them to target.  Or to battle through to drop bombs on your target, and fight back to base.

So, a big SALUTE to all of you who flew in this epic adventure.

And my personal thanks.  Because I flew in it, too.  And I had a glorious time -- thanks to all of you who participated.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
A special thanks to folks who stepped up to command, lead, and help organize each side.

To Spikes for being axis CO.  To Dantoo and Perd for being leaders.  To any other axis Group Leaders whose names I don't know because I flew on the allied side.

To WarHawk for being allied CO.  To Kermit and Weiser for being Group Leaders.  To Rocco, Alpo, and Drone for being Group XO's.

To help all of us have fun, these folks put in extra work and took on extra responsibility and leadership.

Thank you, and <S> to you folks!  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Now, if you MISSED this epic event --

We do run two scenarios each year.  Each year, you get two chances to join the glorious action that is scenarios.  Typically around March and October or so.

Or if you ATTENDED this epic event --

Keep in mind that we need players in them for them to be fun.  We need you to help us spread the word and recruit other players to join us in scenarios.  When scenarios are coming up, please talk to folks you know to see if they will join us in the scenario action.

<S> to you, brave scenario pilots!  :aok

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Getting 3 missions per frame made for intense hours long action.  Was fun to fight in and against a small variety of planes, in a small variety of missions, but always with a common goal....stop or allow the 100h Bomber Group.

Many vs many engagements, high altitude merges, 1v1 on the deck fights, ammo management, fuel management, long distance damaged flying...there was a lot to prepare for.

It made for many great experiences and thank you to all Scenario CMs for the work put in to making this event happen and to have a fun way of learning what the airmen of WWII would experience.  Stuff you read about in books really came to life in this event.   :rock
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
Thank you for the opportunity to fly in this great event. Much respect for the coordinators  :salute

Can't wait for the next scenario!
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
We know that with out the volunteers and organizers and group leaders, these event's vanish. It's a great thing for this community, I tip my hat  :cheers:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
To the Cat Herders of AH Scenarios                    I salute you :salute   I tried it...not for me :aok    Those of you that can,herd cats, usually ends up in AWESOME FUN TIME!!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain