Author Topic: Minimum Number of Sorties or Kills to Rank  (Read 623 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Minimum Number of Sorties or Kills to Rank
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2024, 01:53:06 PM »
Minimum kills would make more sense than minimum sorties.  But then what about categories that don't rely on kills? 

50 sorties per category would require a LOT of time.  I had 81 total sorties in 16 hours last tour. 

I'm on the fence.  I have always kind of agreed there needed to be some guidelines to that, though.

Kills would work.

25 hops or 50 kills?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2024, 05:52:00 PM »
In baseball you must have a minimum number of at-bats to win the batting title.

I think the scoring in AH needs something similar.  Minimum 50 sorties or 50 kills, otherwise you are locked out of the top 50.

It's far too easy to game the system over the short run.  Five sorties is enough to crack the top 10 as it is.

YMMV.

Cannot believe I am just now seeing this post lol.

This is hilarious to me. He's mad that people win #1 fighter because of skills and ability in every category besides points.... that is funny. Points are the one category that gives players who spend 80 hours a week an advantage. What's hilarious is not getting #1 with that time advantage.  That's one reason I love the scoring system.  I use to not get #1 back in the day because I just simply couldn't get enough points. That's how it was vs Atlau over the last 2 years.

I don't compete for score.  Well, last month I did just to beat Violator using the very method I am advocating against in this thread.

The scoring system is easily gamed with the current numbers--making it less relevant than it has ever been.  My proposal might bring a little balance and context to the proceedings. 

Well you beat the rank because I was focusing on the k4 for MOA series I which I went 21-0. I needed a break after 3 months at #1  :aok. But congrats though. Maybe one day you'll get #1  :rofl. Hard to spend 150 hours a month playing... I aren't trying for rank every tour. If I'm having a good run than that's how it sits, or if I try than that's how it sits as youve seen before, but I wasn't even focusing on it last tour, or even this tour. It takes patients and understanding to get #1. Flying for 160 hours a month shouldn't just earn you the #1 position.

If anything should be adjusted to rank. It's ENY average of the plane used by that player. That would atleast stall the #1 fighter pilots who only fly 262s, temps. La7s and spit16s to get higher ranks in the fighter category.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 05:55:45 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2024, 11:52:03 AM »
Getting into the Top 50 wont get you laid.
This was a coffee spitter LMAO  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2024, 12:39:07 PM »
Getting into the Top 50 wont get you laid.

If it did it and I got to top 50, could I choose with who..?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:13:04 PM by GasTeddy »
The Mad   CatMan!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2024, 04:41:15 PM »
If it did it and I got to top 50, could I choose with who..?
A cat....

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2024, 05:07:03 PM »
The Mad   CatMan!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2024, 05:32:04 PM »
I'll take 2nds