Author Topic: Hitechcreations and aces high 3  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Hitechcreations and aces high 3
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2024, 10:45:39 AM »
Aces High scenarios are still my main hobby, and have been for two decades.

And I have gotten the following people into flying every scenario with me:  my Dad, my two daughters, three nephews, two college buddies, one former co-worker, one former neighbor.

That's how much I love this game.

Brooke, you have been part of our world since early AW to now in AH. Your name was always there, along with others. IIRR, your name was in credits for AW?

I kept passing flight sim CDs in the store, not being able to decide which my 286 could run. None. Kept putting it off. After my new GF was killed in 87 I decided life was too short to not enjoy my interest that makes me happy. In 88 I went back to the store to pick out a sim. Grabbed AW, raced home, installed it. First run, when I saw other humans flying around in a 3D world was eye candy I almost wet my pants over. But I could only get 12 fps. For 2 yrs I tried every hot rod idea to get it to be playable. It wouldn’t so I sat and just watched. I got it up to 20 fps. Still no joy. So I built a 386 which was just enough, I was off and running in 92-ish. Built a 486 and never left the game. We know, later Vet got me interested in tech support, Vet Culero, Tequila Chaser (TV) and Mage brought me into tech support for Kesmia/AW, I got the key to the car and stayed until the last day at EA.com.

I took deep resentment with HT and Pyro (who ere players) skimming players for AH beta, while we struggled to keep AW alive. I choked on my tongue and beta tested anyway, might as well, I predicted AW’s end day. It was so raw , such an embryo and so much nose bounce I lost interest and buried AW. A lot if use was the second wave from AW to AH.

I thought, these guys are really going to do this. When I saw it was so much like AW I didn’t leave until 2010-ish, when I lost wife and son. I lost interest in everything. I shut down for years, but would still stop in now and then to see if it was still running. It was, but lightning hit my gaming rig and here I was again, trying to get a new rig. I was returning to AH for the same reason I picked up AW, life is too short to not.

Finally in 2020 I came back, after losing my brother and parents, but no time to play, work crushed that. Last yr I checked in, saw names like Brooke, TC and others from AW still here. Saw other names I recognized like Fugitive and others, I had to jump back in. So here I am, being hated for fighting the good fight. I’ll never get it, but here I am anyway. 4 mos ago my GF who I knew since 6 yrs old passed away from brain cancer. You”re all stuck with me.

Like AW, I’m confident we’ll be here to the games’s last day or ours. It really is like family and home here for me. 30+ years.  Some will just have to forgive me if my passion is deeper. Intil someone is willing to volunteer for my place in my coffin, I’ll be who I am.

Brooke, always the quiet one.

What a strange trip its been.
We need should do diner sometime.

<S>

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:01:48 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »
I continue to pop in and out of AH- some months on, some months off, but overall I've been at this game since '04. My brother, Flayed1, got me hooked on it about the time of AH2's release. Hope this game sticks around for at least another 20 years or better..

EGG
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2024, 01:58:52 PM »
I continue to pop in and out of AH- some months on, some months off, but overall I've been at this game since '04. My brother, Flayed1, got me hooked on it about the time of AH2's release. Hope this game sticks around for at least another 20 years or better..

EGG

theres always monday night madness when you get bored!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2024, 03:06:37 PM »
Animal, dude, I am so sorry to hear how many horrible things happened over the years.  I wish for you years of peace and happiness from here on out.

If you are ever near Nashville, TN, I would love to take you out to lunch or dinner.

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2024, 05:07:23 PM »
Saw other names I recognized like Fugitive and others, I had to jump back in. So here I am, being hated for fighting the good fight. I’ll never get it, but here I am anyway. 4 mos ago my GF who I knew since 6 yrs old passed away from brain cancer. You”re all stuck with me.
Some will just have to forgive me if my passion is deeper. Intil someone is willing to volunteer for my place in my coffin, I’ll be who I am.

Animl-AW ,  :salute

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2024, 09:04:31 PM »
If you are ever near Nashville, TN, I would love to take you out to lunch or dinner.

I would be totally down for a mini AH gathering in Nashvegas one weekend!  Dayton 2009 was the only gathering I was ever able to attend.  And there were more players there than what's in the Main Arena during the morning hours. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2024, 09:20:57 PM »
Very true, I love this game. It fueled an interest in aircraft, tactics, and technology that, so far, has lasted my whole life. Additionally, I really wanted to be a pilot when I was a kid, but I have red-green colorblindness, so this game was my outlet for my interest in flying.

Overall, I have learned so much from many fantastic people in this game. I came in as a squeaker, meeting cujo and joining the VMF-216 Bulldogs, and shortly after, meeting 800nate. We got along so well that he got me to join the TA’s Peacemakers, and many great days and nights of memories followed. From Latrobe teaching me how to fly the 109, higheye teaching me how to dogfight, and all the great laughs I had and tips I learned from everyone around me, I’m so thankful I have this game and its wonderful community. I also remember huge bomber raids with ET37, NOE missions in 110s, and messing around in custom arenas with friends. In all, this game is unlike anything else I’ve played.

I’m still playing now, about 12 years later—although I took a 2 year break. Now, I’m flying with the TA’s Aerofighters, and it’s so great to reconnect and play with the great people who helped shape the person, and virtual fighter pilot, I am now. I can’t wait to make more memories on this engaging and exciting mix of simulation and fun.

On another note, more than ever before, I feel the importance to bolster and support the small community that we have left. We must treat everyone with respect, give props when they’re due, and apologize when we’re wrong. While it’s not all the time, I sometimes hear and see people treating each other with genuine disrespect. If we are to gain any new members, we cannot harbor a community that is rude or condescending. I’m not saying people can’t have friendly trash-talk, but there is sometimes I do feel it crosses a line. We are adults—we do not need to tell people they suck at the game. I’m not perfect either, I have been salty on 200 chat, but I try to always remain respectful and salute whoever killed me. We must all remember our common ground, our love for WW2 history, fun battles, and the people we play with. Let’s keep this game going and keep on killing each other lol.

-Propilot/Aeroace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:26:03 PM by Propilot »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2024, 09:49:39 PM »
I would be totally down for a mini AH gathering in Nashvegas one weekend!  Dayton 2009 was the only gathering I was ever able to attend.  And there were more players there than what's in the Main Arena during the morning hours.

We could swing that.  :aok

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2024, 10:06:29 PM »
accidentally quoted sorry
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:15:17 PM by Propilot »

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2024, 10:07:09 PM »
see above
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:15:42 PM by Propilot »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2024, 06:01:29 AM »
see above

Looks like you suck at the forums!  :bolt:

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2024, 07:52:17 AM »
Looks like you suck at the forums!  :bolt:

I don’t post much on here lol, you’re right

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2024, 09:06:45 AM »
I don’t post much on here lol, you’re right

I've done it too. Just goofing :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2024, 01:42:29 PM »
We all suck at forums lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2024, 09:02:07 PM »
We must all remember our common ground, our love for WW2 history, fun battles, and the people we play with. Let’s keep this game going and keep on killing each other lol.
-Propilot/Aeroace

AMEN ... Let's try to make this game a  fun environment with respect and camaraderie. It's difficult to persuade a young person to  fly old planes...

:salute